i will list several links that give you some general information about care plans, but they are from nursing programs that are directions for their particular nursing schools. has your school given you any specific instructions? you should always follow the directions your instructors give you because your grades will depend on it. i will also list some links where you can look at sample care plans. i have two links to care plan constructors that students can use to help them write a care plan. they actually are companion websites that accompany care plan books that you can buy. i strongly recommend that you put out the cash money to buy a care plan or nursing diagnosis book to help you out with care plan writing. if you check out the general nursing student discussion forum (i've given you a link to it below) you will find many threads where the best nursing care plan book to buy is discussed. perhaps your instructors have an opinion as to which one would be best. i have an opinion as well. not only will one of these books help you with choosing nursing diagnoses, but it will have nursing interventions and rationales listed in it that you might have overlooked in your nursing fundamentals books.
i encourage you to hang out at allnurses with the other nursing students at these two forums:
- nursing student assistance forums
- the general nursing student discussion forum
hope to see you there!
here are your links:
- this is a care plan guideline from the nursing department of fairleigh dickinson university with instructions on composing your diagnosis, goals, interventions and evaluations. includes links on suggestions for conducting interviews with patients and gordon's 11 functional patterns.
- this page of links will allow you to view three sample care plans (activity intolerance, functional incontinence, and knowledge deficit) along with a printable template for the care plan. the lower part of this page has nursing care plan guidelines, information for putting together a care plan. from california state university at fresno.
- nursing care plan guidelines for students as fresno state. also includes links to three sample care plans to look at on activity intolerance, functional incontinence, and knowledge deficit. there are also care plan templates there.
- from rn central's care plan corner. here are care plans for 49 basic nursing problems. also includes a template for a blank form you can print out. each care plan gives you the language needed to write the nursing diagnosis statement, suggestions for outcomes, and nursing interventions for that particular problem.
- sample care plan for potential for injury (aspiration)
- sample care plan for fluid volume excess
- ackley & ludwig care plan constructor
- care plan generator for the gulanick books
good luck with your care plan writing! welcome to allnurses!