Introduction from new PN grad:)
- 0Jun 27, '12 by charisma01Hello everyone! I have stalked this site for years during nursing school and have decided to come back to the forum. Last month I graduated from a local Practical Nursing program and will be taking the NCLEX tomorrow. I have a lot riding on me because I actually sent out 5 applications on Monday and had my first interview today, Wednesday. I absolutely could not believe it happened so fast. However, I do know one of the employees there as she highly recommended the facility to me, so I believe that helped to facilitate an interview. I already have my second interview with the Director of Nursing lined up with the same facility on Monday. And I had another facility that I applied to contact me for an interview as well.
I am trying not to feel pressured concerning what is about to occur tomorrow. I began taking my pre-reqs for the nursing program in '08 and was actually accepted and enrolled in the ASN program. Unfortunately, I let personal issues get in the way, and had to transfer to the LPN program. I am a firm believer that things happen for a reason and I am still excited since I will soon be doing something that I love.
I honestly feel scared to death due to having interviews lined up. I realize how blessed and fortunate I am to be in that position, but wanting to pass NCLEX so bad is making me a bit frazzled. I have gained some wonderful insight from the forums here and will continue to remain optimistic.
Hopefully I am able to come back with good news. It's great to be back on the forums again
- 0Jun 28, '12 by charisma01Thank you both for the warm welcome! So, I took the NCLEX today. I have no idea what to think. I had so many select all that apply and absolutely no dosage calculations (an area I'm really good in! lol). I know it's way too soon, but I have been obsessively checking the BON site to see if I have a license number. At this point, I am mentally and physically exhausted. I think a nap is in order at the moment to get my mind off of it.
Nothing left to do but hope for the best at this point.
- 0Jun 28, '12 by GitanoRN GuideQuote from charisma01you're most welcome...as i keep my fingers cross, my eyes cross, my legs cross, oh! well you get the ideathank you both for the warm welcome! so, i took the nclex today. i have no idea what to think. i had so many select all that apply and absolutely no dosage calculations (an area i'm really good in! lol). i know it's way too soon, but i have been obsessively checking the bon site to see if i have a license number. at this point, i am mentally and physically exhausted. i think a nap is in order at the moment to get my mind off of it.
nothing left to do but hope for the best at this point.
p.s. keep us posted...hugs...aloha~
- 1Jun 29, '12 by charisma01I PASSED BOARDS!!!
So a license number finally appeared next to my name and my license is currently active. Words cannot even begin to describe how I feel at the moment. I am so relieved, excited, anxious, and nervous to start my new career. All of my hard work payed off. I am finally a Licensed Practical Nurse!
- 1Jul 5, '12 by charisma01Thank you again everyone! I have more great news. I just accepted a full time evenings position at a long term/rehab facility! This is such a blessing. The facility has a great reputation and I feel honored to have the opportunity to contribute to the team. I'm both excited and nervous. I have worked so hard for this and I will soon be doing something that I absolutely love!