How to make a career change into nursing?Register Today!
- by Shamuga Jan 4Hello, I have been contemplating about returning back into the nursing field for three years before opting to get my degree in accounting. I made that decision based on my current previous field of work in accounting and also my age. Since then I have received my degree in accounting but now I'm also laid off for the second time in that field of work. But prior to that change I had worked as a nursing assistant for 12 years before I had become stresses out mentally and physically. Now with my current situation I want to fulfill that dream of becoming a registered nurse but I have a GPA of a 2.46 due to illness while trying to complete a degree online. What can I do to increase my chances of getting into a nursing program now? Forum: Registered Nurses: Diploma / ADN / BSN
- 663 Views
- Jan 7 by nursel56Welcome to allnurses, Shamuga!
- Jan 7 by Spika RNMight wanna take a couple classes to increase your gpa maybe start working as an assistant again, just a couple ideas
- Jan 8 by ShamugaI'm actually researching schools now to prepare to start taking my prerequisites. However will my previous GPA of 2.46 in accounting have any baring on future classes in the nursing field? Would that keep me from entering into a associates nursing program? I'm able to get into a LPN program now as long as I take anatomy and physiology I.
But, my goals are to try to get into an associates degree program or a 2 +2 BSN nursing program or pre - nursing. What are your thoughts?Last edit by Shamuga on Jan 8 : Reason: Errors
- Jan 8 by nursel56I think if you aren't getting too much traffic to give you the info you seek perhaps asking the questions in one of the Pre-Nursing or Student Nurse forums would be a good idea. I know for certain these types of discussions go on all the time. The number, requirements and variety of nursing programs these days is mind-boggling.
General Nursing Student