Hiring a caregiver or CNA for USA

  1. Hi I'm new to this forum. Not really sure if this is proper placement of this post. I appologize in advance if this is inappropriate.

    I am considering hiring a caregiver to live with my elderly parents here in the United States. Is there any way to hire someone from the Philippines to work in the US privately without going through an agency? Does anyone know the process involved?

    From what I've read, the US does not readily grant work visas for domestic help. I'd love to get some input from someone who has been there & done it. Thanks in advance!

  2. Visit emilybelle profile page

    About emilybelle

    Joined: Apr '12; Posts: 1


  3. by   caliotter3
  4. by   loriangel14
    Anyone wanting to work in the US would need a Green Card.That would take at least five years.You could hire someone privately but they would still need to get a GC.