Hi My Name is....Pneumothorax,RN,BSNRegister Today!
This is a discussion on Hi My Name is....Pneumothorax,RN,BSN in Introductions / Greetings, part of General Nursing ... I guess this is the part where i have to migrate over to the Nursing Forum, rather than the Nursing...by Pneumothorax Jun 26, '12I guess this is the part where i have to migrate over to the Nursing Forum, rather than the Nursing student forum.. bc i have graduated, passed NCLEX & start orientation on the 16th.
be gentle & please dont eat me...im not that tasty LOL
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=749301©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- Jun 26, '12 by Been there,done thatWelcome pneumo. Interesting user name, care to share why you chose that? Orienting where?
Congratulations ! I would love to follow your journey into nursing. I wish you the best of luck. Personally, I am not a muncher. I try to mentor and support my colleagues.
- Jun 26, '12 by PneumothoraxPneumothorax- ive always been intrigued by the respiratory system and when i heard or "didnt" hear a pneumo for the first time i was like ***********. and its goofy. LOL..
ill be orienting on a cardiac/cvicu unit
i plan on being a preceptor once i get my bearings down as an RN, so i hope that i dont become a crabby ratchet and eat my young either LOL
- Jun 26, '12 by hecallsmeDuchessCongrats, Pneumo on passing the NCLEX! All the best on your nursing journey
- Jun 26, '12 by OnlybyHisgraceRNCongrats on all your accomplishments!!!! I'm currently in CVICU, on internship.
- Jun 26, '12 by Been there,done thatI have a good pneumo story! I got out of a long.. drawn out morning report.
I assessed my patient a few minutes after her attending had rounded.
The doc was one of the few I trusted in the facility. She had charted lung sounds clear, yada yada.
I was wondering to myself , why was I even bothering to listen to my patients breath sounds, 5 minutes after the attending had rounded?
The patient was not symptomatic.. however, I could NOT hear any air movement in the right lung fields.
I notified the physician of my findings.. she had no problem with my assessment and ordered a STAT chest xray.
I spent the rest of my morning getting a chest tube inserted.
- Jun 26, '12 by GitanoRNwelcome to the cite, and congratulations!!! on your recent accomplishment, btw, don't worry we won't eat you will just nibble a little :d
- Jun 26, '12 by sapphire18CONGRATULATIONS, Pneumothorax!!
- Jun 26, '12 by nursel56[color=#660000]pneumothorax -[color=#003300]-congratulations on passing the nclex and on the new job!
- Jun 26, '12 by nursefrancesCongrats! I know I have seen you around. Good luck on your orientation.