I used to be the same way and one day I said "Self you are going to fail
if you do not pull yourself together." So I decided to take grasp and developed some things that helped me.
1) I usually had staduim seating so I just reserved the seats on each side of me, so I would not feel crammed. You need elbow room.
2) I always had a drink (non-alcoholic) and just a little something like cookies.
3) I always wore scrubs
to class on test days.. It makes me think more like a nurse.
4) I always brought a blanket in case I got cold.
5) I always had a glass of my favorite wine prior to test.. Relaxed me enough to be able to think. :beercuphe
6) When I took Chem I always went to Red Lobster and had 18 shrimp about 2 hours before. I cant handle being hungary and having to think at the same time.
Now ,I may be a fat, alcoholic (JK) ,nurse but I made it through . Just somethings to ponder. Whatever makes you relax and think about the task at hand. And Yall Im not encouraging drinking so I dont need this:flamesonb but what ever works in moderation of course....Good luck to you!!!
Quote from taysyd
This is my first time posting on this site. I have been looking everywhere for some type of support. I began in Nursing school
last semester. This semester we are in Med Surg and as you have heard many peopl before I am having a hard time. I go into the test completely positive that I know the information. I take the test and then fail the test by about 7-8 point. I have taken 3 test and have three more before mid terms. I need any suggestions to help me get my average up. I am a good student. I usually do not have probelms with school. Please Help!!!!!!!