Graduated since 1998 need to take NclexRegister Today!
- by ramara Aug 23, '05Hi everyone and anyone!!! I graduated from RN school since 1998 and never took the state boards (was raising babies and became stay at home mom). I am now 35 and would like to start my career. I received my eligibility letter and now all I have to do is book the date,but ... the review is not going well. I feel good about some topics and others seem like Chinese. Help with some advice please!!
- Aug 23, '05 by babynurselsaHave you taken an RN refresher course? If not I would definitely reccommend one. This may help bring back some of the stuff that seems like gibberish to you. 7 years out of school is a long time to try and pull everything you learned in school from memory.
- Aug 23, '05 by suzanne4Problem is that a refresher course is usually not available without a current RN license.
I highly recommend that you pick up a copy of Saunder's Comprehensive Review for the NCLEX-RN.............it will give you an excellent review. I usually tell students to just do the questions on the CD and use the book as a review, but in this case, I would start with reading thru the book first, then go from there. It is one of the best resource books that is out there.........
Please feel free to check out the NCLEX discussion forum for additional insight into what you will need to know.
- Aug 23, '05 by Ms.RN2005I recommend signing up for a "Hurst" review if there is one near you and you have the money. They are a great review company that reviews/explains core nursing content. They have a money back guarantee too. If you fail the NCLEX they will either refund your money or continue to help you until you pass the test (free of charge of course). The 4 day course is taught by nurses only. The presentation of the material is also very dynamic. They actually make the material very interesting and fun. You can also sign up to take the review online if they're not having a review session near you anytime soon. I attended a live review and it was great. I studied the material they provided and passed the NCLEX with 75 questions :hatparty: . If you have a chance take a look at their site - particularly at the testimonials. The website address is: http://www.hurstreview.com/. You can also do a search on this site for Hurst review and see what other members think. Hope this helps!
- Aug 24, '05 by USA987I would think that you need to check with your Board of Nursing to make sure that you will even be eligible to sit for the NCLEX at this point.
Good luck and welcome to allnurses.com!!!
- Aug 24, '05 by suzanne4She already stated in her post that she received her eligibility letter.
- Mar 31, '12 by Kiki_riversGraduated from rn never took boards can any one help me Texas said after for years gave to go back to school. Have applied to lots of diff schools they said can't have a second associate degree can anyone help !