When is VSC needed?Register Today!
- by erik87 Dec 11, '11I'm from the Philippines, an NCLEX-RN California passer without SSN and initially filed the I140 petition last April 2011. My IELTS will be expiring this April 2012 and the California pass paper is due October 2012. I'm just confused on when is the VSC really needed since it would expire 5 years later. I don't want to waste my money because of this. Please help me...
- Dec 11, '11 by cool_nurseQuote from erik87Hello erik, according to my teacher in an NCLEX review class, you would need it when you will be applying for the EB3 visa or the working visa since it's one of the requirements. May I just ask where did you get your sponsor for your I140 petition? How many years of experience do you have? I'm also an nclex passer in the state of New York. By the way, you can renew your VSC at a lower cost but make sure before the expiration date according to my teacher in NCLEX review class. hope this helps!I'm from the Philippines, an NCLEX-RN California passer without SSN and initially filed the I140 petition last April 2011. My IELTS will be expiring this April 2012 and the California pass paper is due October 2012. I'm just confused on when is the VSC really needed since it would expire 5 years later. I don't want to waste my money because of this. Please help me...
- Dec 11, '11 by Silverdragon102VSC is required generally before your interview for Immigrant or work visa for the USA
- Dec 11, '11 by erik87Thanks cool_nurse, Global nursing solutions is my sponsor. I currently have 1.5 years of nursing experience when it comes to being employed.
Silverdragon102, thanks also. Do you have an idea when the interview for work visa would be occurring considering the retrogression?
- Work visa is different to immigrant visa and not affected by retrogression however you have to meet work visa requirements like H1B, experience ideally and wait for next year as H1B is now closed as cap has been met
- Looks like you have filed I140 which is immigrant visa so currently looking at over 5 years wait for immigrant visa
- Dec 12, '11 by erik87Ok, I140 is an immigrant visa... if the waiting period is over 5years, I guess the VSC would expire by then without being used, right?
- Yes, better to apply for VSC when you know your PD is getting near, this will mean NCLEX and English exams need to be kept up to date
- Dec 12, '11 by erik87Silverdragon102,
Thank you. When you say PD... it's priority date right? April 2011 is my priority date and considering the retrogression (they are still in the December 2006 PD). I think it is financially sound for me not to process the VSC yet even though I have to retake the English exam. VSC is ONLY needed before embassy interview when PD is getting near. Are my ideas correct?
Thank you for clearing up my confused mind. I am quite worried with my finances.
- You are correct, PD is priority date and as you mentioned they are processing 2006 so better to wait and if English exam has expired it will need renewing for VSC