VERMONT BOARD of NURSINGRegister Today!
- by might guy Aug 11, '08Hellow, I am a registered nurse here in the Philippines and hoping to apply at vermont. My question is that, does vermont requires foreign nurses to pass IELTS before applying for NCLEXrn?
Hoping to hear from you all everything will be appreciated!
- Aug 11, '08 by XB9SI have moved your post to the international forum for a more informed response about the requirements of nurse registration in the US
- Aug 11, '08 by suzanne4You cannot apply directly for the NCLEX exam, there is not even application that exists for that. You will be applying for licensure as an RN to that state and have to get permission from them to be able to sit for the exam. The licensing exam is only one step in the process and is not the only thing.
VT currently does not require any English exam before you are granted permission to sit for the NCLEX exam. However, the US government will require either the IELTS series or the TOEFL iBT before they will grant a visa to you.
Please read the Primer at the top this forum that will give you all of the information about what is required for working in the US. We also have quite a few threads here about the retrogression that is in place and the expected five year plus wait for a chance at a green card.
Once you have done some reading here, then let us know if you have any questions. Best of luck to you.
- Aug 12, '08 by dave787you do not have to take IELST for the eligibility in vermont. they already revise there requirments that you ust have the detailed transcript of recod.
- Aug 16, '08 by tobby_walterto add also with vermont bon, they also have their own evaluation of your credentials and if they are not satisfied with it they will be requiring you to undergo CES . just wait for there notification..remember to submit the needed documents or else it will be mail back to you.
- Aug 31, '08 by might guyHello guys, Just want to ask.. who will issue me the Authorization to Test? is it the board of nursing or the pearson vue?
can you please give me some insights on what to do after I have my eligibility.
- Aug 31, '08 by tobby_walterthe one who issue the ATT is the pearson vue but it needs the approval of the vermont bon before they issue it..
once you recieve your ATT it will be valid for 90 days. with in that 90 days you must call the pearson vue to have your appointment schedule of your exam.
best of luck to your upcoming exam.