Which states DO NOT require SSN? - Page 2Register Today!
- Mar 31, '10 by Rose786Quote from bergerCan you let me know what state you were able to get through? I would appreciate if you would like to share more information on thisHi! I've been trying to look for threads which can direct me to the answer and so far the only information I have gathered are:
- There are some states that do not require SSN, but they did not specify which ones
- California requires SSN
I hope some of you could be kind enough to share their knowledge with me or direct me to the thead if there is already one existing.
I am aware that BON requirements contiuously change, but at this time, which states do not require a SSN?
I need to get this information as I am going to apply to a ADN to BSN program and their major requirement is a Valid US RN License. I have no SSN so I have to apply for licensure in a state which does not require a SSN to issue a license. Thanks!
- Apr 2, '10 by NurseCubanitaRN2bActually that's not something new, looks like most states are leaning towards a valid ss#. Also keep in mind that when applying for nusing schools that require already a RN license, they require a RN license from the state that they're going to work in.
- Apr 3, '10 by fiona1968you take nclex because you want to work here as a nurse but you need to have a ssn to be able to work here.
the nclex is not your ticket to get an ssn.
- Apr 3, '10 by NurseaidIf you work as a contractor in any state, you can work with Federal Tax ID, not necessarily SSN.
- Apr 3, '10 by NurseCubanitaRN2bQuote from NurseaidUsing an ITIN# isn't a substitute for a ss# in CA, that's a fact coming straight from the CA BRN. You can contact licensing and ask them.If you work as a contractor in any state, you can work with Federal Tax ID, not necessarily SSN.
- Hi there, Is there anyone knows the updated list of States that do not require SS Number before applying for NCLEX Examination? My issue is that I have possible job offer from California and right now I do not have yet pass the NCLEX exam and do not have the SS Number which is a requirement for exam.
Thanks and I appreciate any updates.
- Aug 18, '12 by Miiki✿I have no place in here, and I know nothing about the international exam application process.
I guess this didn't make sense to me: if you find a state that will let you write the NCLEX without a SSN, wouldn't you still need to obtain a SSN before you can endorse to California? How would you get a SSN after you take the NCLEX?
- Yes that's right, and as I mentioned, I have a possible job offer, I just think that I must pass the NCLEX exam to make the requirements available on hand, Maybe if I pass the NCLEX exam to other state that do not require SSN and I went to California with some Visa like Temporary Work Permit, I can get SSN and It maybe possible for that other state(no SSN req) that have my application and NCLEX result to endorse it to California Board of Nursing. Does it make sense? Thanks and I appreciate it.
- Aug 18, '12 by Miiki✿I really don't know, and I'm no help.
I would think you would still need a SSN to be able to endorse.
- and I can only get SSN once I have a temporary Work Permit and I am inside U.S right? If that's the case CA need SSN to sit for NCLEX Exam then how, from other country can apply to Ca board of nursing and apply for NCLEX outside U.S? Even if I Visit CA as a tourist, I don't know if I can still secure SSN.