Which state is easiest to obtain Licence?
- 0May 7, '06 by JaniceLMHi, this is my situation.
I would like to obtain licensure by examination from any state that would be easiest for me.
Which state does not require the following?
Local board from origin country
English prof. test
I've gone to various board of nursing sites and found some but everyone I've seen requires some sort of english test.
- 4,676 Views
- 0May 8, '06 by lawrence01Each state BON has it's own pros and cons. You should have the backbone to decide for yourself w/c BON (and it's req'ts) is best for you. There is no easy street. If you really did a research then you'll find out that there are actually BONs that fits your decriptions but their processing may be longer than the other BONs, some more expensive, etc.. So, you see there is no perfect BON. There will be always some pros and cons and it is up to you to decide for yourself w/c one you can comply with.
- 0May 8, '06 by suzanne41. Most states do not require the CGFNS exam, only the CES.
2. Most do not have an English requirement, less than a handful do.
3. The biggest issue before you go looking for a state is to find out what the requirements are that Virginia will have for you to endorse there.
States without language requirement:
New Mexico, AZ just has CES.
NY, CA, and the list goes on.,
Since you on a K-1 visa, you will automatically be getting a SSN#.
As stated above, there are good and bad points with every state as far as licensure as a foreing grad, you need to find what works for you.
- 0May 9, '06 by kiko88Quote from janicelmnew mexico does not require any of those.hi, this is my situation.
i would like to obtain licensure by examination from any state that would be easiest for me.
which state does not require the following?
local board from origin country
english prof. test
i've gone to various board of nursing sites and found some but everyone i've seen requires some sort of english test.
- 0May 9, '06 by JaniceLMQuote from xhailI still need english and visa screen? But I'm not here as immigrant, i'll be comming on K1 visa. Does this still apply?CA will let you have the nclex w/o the english exam and any CGFNS service. If you pass you will not get your license w/o giving them your SSN.
But you will still have to take the english exam and Visascreen for immigration purposes.
- 0May 9, '06 by JaniceLMQuote from kiko88yeah i thought about new mexico but when i checked with them, they said i can't get licensure by exam because i reside in virginia which is a "compact state." seems that if you live in a compact state, you cannot get licensure by exam from another compact state.. az is also not an option because it is compact state as wellnew mexico does not require any of those.