RN in uk moving to USA as a spouse wanting to work as a CNA until I get licensedRegister Today!
This is a discussion on RN in uk moving to USA as a spouse wanting to work as a CNA until I get licensed in International Nursing, part of World Nursing ... I have a quick question!!! I am an English RN waiting to move to PA as the spouse of a USC! I need...by rachelr Jul 23, '12I have a quick question!!!
I am an English RN waiting to move to PA as the spouse of a USC! I need to make up hours to sit NCLEX which I would like to do in the USA. I want to apply to department of education to sit CNA exam.
My questions are do healthcare employers in the US value the experience of international RNs?
Will the fact that I have no US employment history hinder my chances?
If i send out resumes before i immigrant will this improve my chances of getting my first employment in the US?
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=761659©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 597 Views
- Jul 23, '12 by steppybayJust to make it clear, did you mean PA as in Pennsylvania or CA as in California? Since so many international nurses want to work in CA and there are differences between the different states.
- Jul 23, '12 by Silverdragon102I think they are looking at Certified Nursing Assistant
- Jul 23, '12 by rachelrPA as in pennsylvania!
- Jul 23, '12 by Silverdragon102I doubt sending resume before being in the US and passed NCLEX with a license issued will get you anywhere. Competition will be tough so a lot will also depend on what experience you do have
- Jul 24, '12 by rachelrI have over 11 years experience in both acute emergency surgery and long term care facilities! I have been employed as a nursing assistant and an rn. I don't expect to get work or even seek work as an RN as I have to make up hours before being eligable for NCLEX! I would be seeking emploment as a CNA so I can still doing a job I love and gaining experience in the US healthcare field help me progress towards being an RN again!As an International RN I can apply to the PA Dept of education to sit the CNA exam without doing the training course! So I will be looking for CNA recruitment not RN. And sending my resume before I immigrate is about networking and seeing which potential employers maybe interested once I get Dept of educationapproval.
- Jul 24, '12 by Silverdragon102Best of luck