RN or LPN equivalent?Register Today!
- by Retrogrl Mar 19Hi everyone,
I'm a nurse educated in Ukraine (2 year nursing college) and I'm planning to get a licensed in the state of NH but I'm not sure, based on my education, which equivalent do I hold RN or LPN. Also does anyone know if I need to take TOEFL to apply for license in NH or maybe the process of applying for NH license for nurses educated abroad? I couldn't find any info on their BON website and no one answers the emails I sent any information would be appreciated!
Thanks in advance
- Mar 19 by Silverdragon102I would suggest going for RN and then see what comes back from them.
According to application process you just need CES report from CGFNS or passed CGFNS exam (these are 2 different processess offered by CGFNS) No mention on English exam
Graduates of foreign registered nurse programs must submit official evidence of successful completion of the
Commission of Foreign Nursing Schools (CGFNS) examination or CGFNS full course by course credentials evaluation.
Canadian educated nurses are not considered foreign for this application.
- Mar 20 by RetrogrlThank you so much for the info! If the CGFNS will get back to me with " not enough credits" I would need to either make up the hours or apply for LPN license separately and pay separate fees, right? Thank you
- Mar 20 by Silverdragon102yes that is correct
- Apr 20 by RetrogrlHi, I'm still trying to decide which one to apply for. Is NCLEX for RN much harder vs. for LPN?