Nurse moving from Canada to USRegister Today!
- by cecchemi Jan 4, '12Hi, I'm a third year nursing student in Manitoba right now and I was planning on moving to Illinois to live with my partner following graduating next year. I was curious what the process would be to successfully move to the states would be! Thanks in advance!
- Jan 4, '12 by Fiona59Depends on your plans. Will you be going on a fiancee visa? Or a NAFTA visa?
- Jan 5, '12 by cecchemiGay marriage isn't legal within Illinois right now so I think I would have to go with NAFTA
- Jan 5, '12 by itsmejuliYou'll find several threads related to this topic by searching "Canada to US".
Its not an easy move that's for sure.
- Jan 5, '12 by Silverdragon102Moved to the International forum
Once you have graduated your starting point would be meeting state BON requirements, pass NCLEX and find a employer willing to go the NAFTA route