Nmc registration without 1 year experienceRegister Today!
This is a discussion on Nmc registration without 1 year experience in International Nursing, part of World Nursing ... I am a qualified registered nurse in India and i have done my registration after my Bsc degree in...by smitha 2010 Oct 15, '10I am a qualified registered nurse in India and i have done my registration after my Bsc degree in Nursing in march 2009. After a few months of practice in India I came to UK on January 2010 as a student for doing NVQ in health and social care. Now am currently working in a nursing home as a health care worker. Because of the lack of experience in India can I be able to go for an onp programme with an acceptable IELTS test score? Whether my experience in UK will be considered in NMC? Also if I do ONP for longer period can i register with NMC? If not, what should I do now to get an NMC registration? Is there any course that leads to NMC registration which I can do?
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=510446©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 1,083 Views
- Oct 16, '10 by Silverdragon102For ONP you need to meet requirements and that usually means 12 months nurse experience. Health care worker isn't to the best of my knowledge accepted as RN experience.
Best ones to contact is the NMC and ask them
- Oct 16, '10 by smitha 2010thanks for the reply....also I wonder if i can do any course while am in UK which entitles me to do the ONP programme or registration.
- Oct 17, '10 by Silverdragon102You need to get RN experience to meet registration requirements and also get ONP because your application is assessed before eligibility for ONP is given. I doubt there are any courses that will meet this requirement unless already in employment in the UK
- Oct 17, '10 by smitha 2010I am already working in UK but as health care assistant.. Will it not be taken into consideration???
- Oct 17, '10 by XB9SQuote from smitha 2010Firstly it's not a course you need it's experience working as a registered nurse so, you will not meet NMC requirements by doing another course.I am already working in UK but as health care assistant.. Will it not be taken into consideration???
Will your UK experience count, again No because you are not working as a qualified, registered nurse your working as an unqualified carer.
It's been said time and time again on similar threads the NVQ and working 20 hours a week as an unqualified carer will not give you a shortcut to UK registration and work.
You don't meet the requirements for nurse registration in the UK and that unfortunately is the bottom line.