N.L.E. - Why is it only offered two times per year in PI?Register Today!
- by redranger Apr 17, '08This makes no sense to me?
What is the thinking behind this?
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=296971©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 1,095 Views
- Apr 17, '08 by elkparkUntil comparatively recently, boards were only offered twice a year in the US states; I think the US "on demand" approach to the nursing licensure exam is the exception rather than the rule.
- Apr 17, '08 by lawrence01All board exams from almost all professions in PH are administered by a Gov't agency - the Philippine Regulation Commission (PRC) and processing from application until posting of results are handled by them as well.
Problem would be more of proper administration of the said exams, more than anything else. Another problem is logistics. There are no specific testing sites. School classrooms are used as testing sites and so a year long testing is impossible.
PRC is having a hard time for a twice a year administration for the NLE as it is because of the sheer number and I'm sure they would prefer it once a year if it weren't a law that board exams are to be held twice a year. Passing rate for nurses has gone down to less than 50% in recent years as well, so it is also to the student's advantage that it is only held twice a year.
- Apr 18, '08 by gemini_starConsider the exams of other professions they are offering in a year. The PRC also need to prioritize them. More than 2 exams in a year is not ideal with the vast number of nursing students taking the NLE. The more exams will only lead to more retakers.
- Apr 19, '08 by suzanne4The Canadian exam called the CRNE is only given three times per year and in the US, when the states each had their own boards, they were only given two times a year as well.
- Apr 20, '08 by pejirulezbecause there are also other professions, not just nursing. almost every week they conduct board exams for different professions.
- Apr 21, '08 by spongebob6286i cant imagine if nle will be offered more than 2x/ year.. more passers, more competitions, the harder to land a job..
- Apr 24, '08 by uniquenurseI think that's because there are thousands and thousands of nursing graduates each year. I remember during my time 1993, nursing board exams were done 3X- May, June, and Dec.
- Apr 25, '08 by uniquenurseI do apologised, it was August not June.
- Apr 25, '08 by suzanne4Canada only gives it three times per year, and that is more of the way that many countries do things. Very few of them actually have computerized exams as well like the US.
And licensing for other fields is only several times per year as well.
Not sure why nurses need an exception to what other professions do.