Middle east nursingRegister Today!
- by dinks15 Jun 24, '11Hello everybody,
I know they are lots of posts about this subject but they are all quite old so thought I'd see if anyone has any up-to-date. I am a RGN in the Uk and work on a surgical ward...I am thinking about working in the middle east (saudi/UAE) for a year or 2 to save some money and then go travelling. Is it safe? Are there many westerners? Is the money really as good as they make? Any info is greatfully recieved
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=583163©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 987 Views
- Jun 24, '11 by red leafI know you mentioned you're from the UK, but the CIA fact book might be of some help to you. I'm Jewish, so I'm obviously biased in saying I wouldn't set foot in either of the two countries for safety's sake, but you didn't mention if you had any cultural or religious ties to the region. And language would be a barrier too, unless you are fluent (or are fortunate to work in an English-speaking workplace).
Here's an AN thread on Saudi Arabia:
And if you're a woman, you might want to check and see how their laws would apply to you. It would be a bit of a drag if you couldn't drive in Saudi Arabia.
Best of luck.
- Jun 24, '11 by Silverdragon102Moved to the International forum
- Jul 26, '12 by pinkpuffer23Hi where can we find that? Ty
- Jul 26, '12 by pinkpuffer23Got it thank you