Interview questions?Register Today!
- by asolomio Jul 26, '04Hi I have an interview for the diploma in operating department practitioner course in 2 weeks and was wondering if anyone had any tips for the interview, as i have never had an interview like this before and im pretty nervous. Ive heard its quite similar to a nursing interview. Any help would be really appreciated, I really want to get on this course.
Thanks Love Catherine xx
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=73754©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 11,806 Views
- Jul 27, '04 by Mike RGNQuote from asolomioHi I have an interview for the diploma in operating department practitioner course in 2 weeks and was wondering if anyone had any tips for the interview, as i have never had an interview like this before and im pretty nervous. Ive heard its quite similar to a nursing interview. Any help would be really appreciated, I really want to get on this course.
Thanks Love Catherine xx
Don't under-sell yourself
Remember if your have got a interview they know you can do the course, in the interview they are looking for value added.
Think about the content of the course, is the lots of written work, how are you going to fit the study around your exiting commitments.
Show enthusism for the job, dress to impress prepare some questions, write them down and refer to the list even if they have answered all they question it will show them your have thought about the course and what it may entail.
( I know a colleague who could never think of any question so took her shopping list in, and always refered to it at the end, it does not matter whats on the list.)
Finally be yourself, good luck and thank the interviewers at the very end.
I sure the will be lots of other tips from other posts.
- Jul 27, '04 by Lulu34Hi Catherine
thought you might find these useful
good luck with your interview
- Jul 27, '04 by asolomioThanks very much for the help...
Im going to have a good read of those links, they look really useful
Love Catherine xx
- Jul 28, '04 by carchaWhen I had my interview I had to do a 10 minute presentation, that was fine. A lot of the quesitons had to do with why I felt the course would benefit me, how the other students would percieve me, how the course would change my practice, my past experience, how I would cope with the course work
- Aug 4, '04 by asolomioThanks for the replies, my interview is tommorrow morning (thurs 5th) and Im still pretty nervous :uhoh21: . Im sure your tips will help me, thanks alot. I will let you know how i get on
Love Catherine xxx
- Aug 4, '04 by Lulu34Good luck Catherine
hope it goes well.
- Aug 5, '04 by asolomioFirst of all thankyou for all the advice you have given me... it proved really useful, and gave me a little confidence this morning...
Well I had the interview this morning for the odp course... and I think it went really well. I was quite calm (thanks to rescue remedy.. magic stuff!) and seemed to answer all of the questions ok. They were simling and nodding at me most of the time so I think thats a good thing, and i built up a good rapport with the two people interviewing me. It want half as bad as I expected though.
1 Tell me a bit about yourself (work, hobbies, education)
2 What do you know about the course
3 What do you think the role of an ODP is
4 What would be the main difficulty you experienced in an operating room
5 How do you think stress would affect staff in an operating room
6 How would you deal with the amount of work you would get
7 Do you know of anything in the news about the NHS at present
8 How would you plan a peice of coursework from start to finish
Im sure there were more but cant remember... Talk a lot about placements, types of roles, set up of the course aswell as things like car parking. Told them I had researched the job as much as possible and talked to ODP's in different areas of the country to get their input.
I asked how many places are there on the course, what date would i start, what would be the highest I could go after qualification, is there on going training after qualification, i asked whether i could get a placement at hexham hospital as that is nearer to me and the course leader liked that as they have problems getting people to go there as its quite a way out of newcastle (not that far from me though).
I also asked how soon would I hear the outcome of the interview, and she told me that they would send out the letters this morning! so i should receive the letter on friday or saturday! Reason being they need to tell us soon as the course start date is 13th September. So fingers crossed for me.. let the (short) waiting begin!
Love Catherine xxxx
- Aug 9, '04 by asolomioIve just received a letter to tell me I have a place!!! I start the 2 year ODP diploma on 13th Sept. Thanks for all of your help!
Love Catherine xxx
- Aug 10, '04 by Lulu34Well done Catherine
Im sure it will go well and the 2 years will fly in in no time. enjoy your course :hatparty: