how to become a UK nurse
- 0Dec 17, '09 by mallows15icehello guys,
I am an RN in the philippines and eversince i am interested to work as a registered nurse in UK.
how could i become an RN in UK?
how would i start it?
hope u guys could give me answers to my confusing mind.. :imbar
- 0Dec 17, '09 by Silverdragon102, RN AdminMoved to the International forum as per the red banner
Starting point would be NMC and meeting overseas requirements. The you will have to find a employer willing to help with work permit and unless you are experienced on the Job occupation short-list then you will struggle to find a employer as preference is given to UK/EU first
plenty of threads discussing how to meet NMC requirements and job shortage occupation list for the UK suggest a search
- 0Dec 19, '09 by RetroPinoythey can help you in processing your papers like mailing documents to the NMC for you, but thats about it.
main thing is to find an employer willing to sponsor you for a work permit. i know a handful of nurses who came to the UK on a work permit. they are having problems now because it seems that their employer/hospital is not willing to apply them for an extension.
even if there is still a significant shortage of nurses, hospitals/trusts hands are tied due to budget constraints. and it could get from bad to worse if the Conservatives comes to power.
time to look for greener pastures...Last edit by RetroPinoy on Dec 19, '09 : Reason: re: amended
- 0Dec 19, '09 by XB9S GuideQuote from mallows15iceIt depends on the relative, if your talking your mother's, aunties, sisters husband then no. If your talking a dependent or spouse then maybethanks silver.
how about if you have a british relative, would that be a big advantage to help me in processing my overseas requirements? thanks
I have put quite a bit of information and links to useful sites in my blog, it's worth taking a look because most of your questions will be answered there. http://allnurses.com/nursing-blogs/i...uk-370708.html
But there is no shortcuts or quick fixes, if you don't meet the criteria for immigration or nursing registration then it's just not going to happen
Also bear in mind that nursing jobs in the UK are difficult to come by, I have had a nurse who I work with recently be made redundant because of the economy.
- 0Dec 19, '09 by XB9S GuideQuote from mallows15iceI doubt it unless she is able to support you to live here even then it is extremely unlikely you'd get a work permit, although you would need to check with immigrationthank you so much guys.. another question,
..how about this, i have a british stepsister, she's working in a hospital but in an admin department, do you think she can help me out?
Links to the specific areas on the website.
The fact she works in a hospital is completely irrelevant, even the chief executive wouldn't be able to get you work if you don't meet the immigration requirements.