hi, im new and CATT??Register Today!
- by all_dressed_in_white May 7, '08Hi all.
I'm a bit of a noob so plz fogive me if i dont know how to navigate my way around just yet. Im still at uni- itching to get out and learn in the real world though. Academia is driving me mad! but these are the hoops hey?
Anyway, was wondering if anyone, especially in NSW knows of the CATT and if they are still functioning? Its included in a case study im working on at uni but i cant find much information on them. I think It stands for Community Assessment and Treatment Team but im really not sure.
Its in a mental health context if that helps.
- May 8, '08 by nyapaHiya. Living in the NT I know nothing of CATT. But I thought I'd welcome you. Hope you get some help from other people around here. Have you tried checking the Govt Sites?
- May 8, '08 by all_dressed_in_whiteHi Nyapa,
Thanks for the reply. I checked the gov and local sites.. i found the Community Assessment and Treatment Team suggestion in Qld and the Crisis version in Vic.
Thanks for the welcome. Whats it like nursing in the NT?? I'd love to work out there sometime but imagine it too be a little more challenging than over here on the east coast. Maybe once i have a decade or so of experience under my belt? Are you in a city or really remote?
- May 8, '08 by nyapaLOL, in a city. I gather you are still studying? The hospitals offer graduate programmes. Believe it or not, I have never worked in a 'southern' hospital, so I really can't compare. I figure of course you need experience to work remote; you do anywhere in Australia. But I did my graduate programme here. You have an opportunity to learn. And ppl don't expect you to know everything, much like any other hospital
- May 14, '08 by all_dressed_in_whiteBTW Nyapa. I love your quote / tag/ proverb. There doesnt seem to be enough Australian Indigenous proverbs around. And damn there should be! So simple, so wise.. and taking us so rediculously long to really appreciate!
- May 14, '08 by Grace OzWELCOME to allnurses!
Sorry am unable to offer any advice or suggestions re CATT.
Best wishes with your studies!