apologies for the delay in getting back to this
you could apply for pr via the federal skilled worker route and for this your occupation needs to be on the occupational list and lpn is, then all you are required to do is meet requirements which is
for your application to be eligible for processing, you must:
* include the results of your official language proficiency test, and
* have a valid offer of arranged employment, or
* have one year of continuous full-time paid work experience in at least one of the occupations listed here.
so if you have 12 months full time employment you just need to have proof of said full time employment and english exam.
so steps would be
1. complete forms as per the cic website via link above.
2. send completed forms with payment, proof of full time continuous employment and english exam to sydney nova scotia. also required will be proof of funds however if you have letter of employment then proof of funds is not required. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigra...lled/funds.asp
3. wait for medical as a medical will be required before pr is issued due to working in healthcare.
4. once you have conformation that you meet requirements and pr is issued you could apply to the provincial college for a temp license which will allow you to work whilst waiting to sit the exam. you can then move to canada, seek employment and sit exam at a later date gaining experience working in canada before sitting exam.
this is as it is laid out on the cic website so just read the link above and follow instructions