Entry to practice competencies- COMPETENCY #80
- 0I wonder if somebody can comment on COMPETENCY number 80
Uses relational knowledge and ethical principles when working with the interprofessional health care team to maximize collaborative client care.
What does "relational knowledge" mean?
thank you in advance
- 7,082 Visits
- 0The definition of relational practice is in the document you posted, are you looking for something else?
Relational practice: An inquiry that is guided by conscious participation with clients using a number
of relational skills including listening, questioning,
empathy, mutuality, reciprocity, self-observation,
reflection and a sensitivity to emotional contexts.
Relational practice encompasses therapeutic nurseclient relationships and relationships among health
- 0thank you for you replay.
are "relation knowledge" and "relational practice" the same concepts?
I was thinking they referred to relational ethics which has 4 major themes: mutual respect, engagement, embodiment, andenvironment. http://www.phen.ab.ca/library_books/...nal_Ethics.pdf
Not sure what do they mean?
- 0The book review you posted did not clarify the CNO document for me. I think the definition of relational practice is based on relational knowled. Out of curiosity what is the reason for your questions? I am struggling to answer you, because I don't understand the context of the questions.
- 0thank you for your replay and for your interest
I was asked to explain how I meet the competencies in my practice. Apparently it is a new requirement for IENs. So I am writing examples that address all competencies.
yes, it did not answer my questions either because it is just a book review. I am reading the book itself and hopefully it will answer my questions.
Perhaps you could be so kind to illustrate how a nurse can meet the competency number 80 for my better understanding?
I do not understand why certain competencies are under either Assessment or Planing or Implementation or Evaluation.
For example why competency number 24.- "Teaches UCPs based on assessment of learning needs" is under planing.
It can be under implementation as well? How they decide which one comes under what?
thank you in advance
- 0Oh, I thought you were a RN and noticed that this is the RPN competency document, that's why I asked.
An example of how a nurse can meet competency number 80
A patient complained of unremitting pain, his surgeon and primary physician told him there was nothing else that could be done and that he would have to live with the pain. The patient told the team members he could not live with the pain. The nurse asked the physician to refer the patient for a second opinion regarding surgical options
- 0thank you for your replay.
I definitively see collaboration in your example but what about relational knowledge? Which part is "relational knowledge" here?
by the way competency number 74 speaks about "relational practice"
whereas competency number 80 speaks about "relational knowledge"