we gave birth to a baby boy almost 4 weeks ago (our 2nd baby after 9 years).
as most of you know, we are now waiting for P4.
i hope you don't mind, i have some questions to those in the know:
1. do we notify NVC or the US Embassy in Manila before we receive the P4 notice? or do we notify either of the two entities now even via e-mail? (that another dependent is being added to the application)
2. is it ok not to notify them and just fill-up, submit, and pay for the visa application of the baby during the interview?
3. will adding a dependent delay the process in some ways?
4. the baby will be part of the medical check-up, right?
5. baby's embassy requirements are birth certificate (on security paper), valid passport, and what else?
thank you very much.
Jan 5, '06
Hello Nurse Dependent,
I think it is better to notify the NVC as still your papers are with them. Ask for instructions regarding the birth of your baby.
Good luck! I hope you won't encounter any problems and can bring your baby to the US.