Confusion NCLEX or CGFNS ???
- 0Mar 17, '11 by HimalHi,
I completed my BSN (Bachelor in Nursing) from India and planning for MSN from the University of OHIO state. As University's suggestion I did my WES (World Education Service) evaluation and found my course to be equivalent to BSN in USA, so I have passed one step for my further degree.
Now, the next requirement is RN licensure from OHIO Board. I am in confusion:
1) Will WES evaluation work?
2) Do I again need to do CES (CGFNS) evaluation?
3) If I need to re-evaluate from CGFNS, since I am away from India, can I forward my transcript and certificate from WES to CGFNS?
4) Which exam should I appear NCLEX-RN or CGFNS ? and why ?
5) I am in dependent visa (f-2 visa status) of my husband. Can I get license and practice Nursing in Ohio State?
Please, help me. I have been searching this answer since long time.
- 2,170 Visits
- 1Mar 18, '11 by Silverdragon102 AdminYou need to ask the BON if they will accept WES. If they require CES then you need to ask CGFNS whether they will accept transcripts from WES as usually it has to come direct from where you trained. You can not work on a F2 visa so will have to find employer willing to go the work visa route with you.
NCLEX is the exam you need to sit and pass to meet state requirements to be licensed however a small handful of states do require CGFNS exam
- 1Mar 22, '11 by elkparkQuote from HimalI lived and worked in Ohio for a few years -- I didn't find the BON rules/regs to be any more "strict" than any of the other states I've practiced in over the years. Nursing licensure is a big responsibility, and all the US states take it very seriously.Thank you very very much for the information.
Are you from OHIO ? I found the rules and regulation of Ohio to be very strict.
Any way... again thank you very much for your reply.
- 2Mar 22, '11 by juan de la cruz GuideOhio requires CES and TOEFL iBT. I agree with Silverdragon, you have to ask Ohio if they will accept WES. If not, you'll have to go through the same process as you did with WES only this time you are going through CES instead. You do not need to take the CGFNS exam as it's not required in Ohio. You'll be allowed to take the NCLEX-RN once you meet all the requirements (including CES, or its equivalent if allowed and TOEFL iBT). Many states require CES for foreign-trained applicants for RN licensure so this is not unusual in Ohio's case.