Bridging Program for Nurses (Canada)Register Today!
This is a discussion on Bridging Program for Nurses (Canada) in International Nursing, part of World Nursing ... Anybody who knows about Bridging Program for Nurses in Canada? I'm a Registered Nurse in the...by Kaypee_RN Jan 4, '11Anybody who knows about Bridging Program for Nurses in Canada?
I'm a Registered Nurse in the Philippines and I'm planning to apply for the said program the Canadian schools are offering. How am I going to start and can you suggest some schools I prefer those schools within British Columbia.
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=524298©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 5,070 Views
- Jan 4, '11 by canucklpnI'm not sure what you are asking for.
The term "bridging programme" applies to course work for LPNs working towards a BScN or a diploma RN wanting to obtain their degree. These are nurses educated in Canada.
- So it's LPN to BScN? How many months will it takes?
- Jan 4, '11 by Silverdragon102Have you been told by the province that you need to do some sort of course to meet their requirements?
- Here in the Philippines the Bachelor of Science in Nursing takes 4 years and I'm done with it. I'm now confused if what is the equivalent of BSN here to the Nurses in Canada. I want to compare the credits in Canada to the credits here.
Thanks for your help
- Quote from Silverdragon102Have you been told by the province that you need to do some sort of course to meet their requirements?
In Vancouver Community College they require me to have my credentials here plus the IELTS/TOEFL.
I want to know how many months will it takes to finish the program if ever I'm accepted by the institution.
- Jan 4, '11 by Silverdragon102Can you post a link to their website so I can check the course out?
- for the practical Nurse bridging: Vancouver Community College - Programs / Courses - Practical Nurse Refresher/Bridging
and for LPN to BScN: Vancouver Community College - Programs / Courses
I'm not so sure what program I'm going to take. I'm confused.
Thank you so much for your help.
- Jan 4, '11 by Fiona59I think you are confused.
Have you applied to CRNBC and had your education assessed? Have you done a SEC assessment?
Only then will you know what your educational deficits are, if any.
- Jan 5, '11 by Silverdragon102I agree, if you haven't applied to the college of RN's then how do you know what is required?