- 0Apr 18, '09 by jess41378Anyone ever hear of or work for Bioscrip home infusion company? I am very interested in working with them. I have a big new hire packet to fill out and the job sounds promising. Also I am possibly going to take a PICC class through PICC Resource in Shelton, CT. Anyone have any feedback on them? Thanks!
- 0Apr 23, '09 by bsrn0523Hi there,
I work with an infusion company here on Long Island that picks up many Bioscrip cases, mostly IVIG, some steriods and antibiotics. I have not had any issues in dealing with the company or its associated pharmacy, they were always professional and courteous. Good luck to you in your new position!
- 0May 3, '09 by accessqueenIn my experience the PICC class is just a small part of PICC training. You can get PICC certified on line. The real dilemma is getting precepted. The majority of companies that give PICC classes, do not precept. Don't bother getting PICC certified unless you set up a way to get precepted. There's a bazillion nurses out there who have their PICC certs, but have never put in a line.
- 0Jun 17, '10 by Surfer8210Quote from creich rnI have some cases that are 8 and 10 hours per visit. At $40 -$45 per hour it's not too bad for a days work.What do the companies pay for IVIG? Isnt 3-4hrs of iv? I was told a visit is considered 2 hrs. This is why I cant figure out if I will make the same money.
- 0Jun 21, '10 by Surfer8210Quote from creich rnI guess that would be about right for the hourly rate, although I'm not aware what is involved when you or your company "open" a case. I open cases and must submit paperwork which accompanies openings, (consents and med profiles, ect) but I don't get a higher rate for the opening.I need to get cases like that. No traveling. I was told , in one agency, that they would pay 75$ to open a case and then subsequent visits would be $40 Hr. Does that sound about right. I think that included traveling.
Also, Jess could you post or PM me the names of the three companies? I would like to apply to a few more to keep my options open.
Thanks if you can.
Just an aside, I just got a really cool job doing EMS as an EMT at Jones Beach Theater for all the concerts. "Worked" my first show the other evening and eagerly anticipate the rest of the summer line-up.
First show was Kansas, Styx, and Foreigner....not too bad a show..!
Next up is Scorpion on Tues followed by Yes with Peter Frampton on Thurs...!! Should be an entertaining summer now.....!!!!