so.... what do you think? First impressions? - Page 25Register Today!
- Dec 21, '08 by ZASHAGALKABrian: I understand the multiple reasons why an upgrade is a good idea. After all, my PS3 is MUCH better than my Atari 2600 was - back in the day.
I don't know what this site is - but I do know that it is NOT Allnurses. This version of this site is simply NOT my friend and companion of so long.
I know, I know: be patient, etc.
Brian! Listen to your feedback! This upgrade is a mistake and the sooner you correct it, the better.
Be very mindful of your traffic in the next few weeks. It's going to tank. It won't be temporary - even if the "experts" say it will only be temporary.
This is a disaster. I could cry.
Timothy.Last edit by ZASHAGALKA on Dec 21, '08
- Dec 21, '08 by ZASHAGALKAI feel worse about this upgrade than I do about the election of Obama. . .
- Dec 21, '08 by newtressSorry to say that I don't care for the redisign. Numerous reasons, but still love allnurses.com so I will refrain from the flame.
- Dec 21, '08 by loricatusQuote from Stanley-RN2BDon't understand the technical terms you mention; but, I trust that you are right. Just doesn't make sense to make such a drastic change without first testing it out. Remember that new Coke that tried it like this change on allnurses-notice that we don't see that new Coke anymore.It keeps disappearing. Kinda starting to pi... vex me. I'm terribly vexed.
There's a reason there are alpha, beta and rc stages BEFORE release.
- Dec 21, '08 by undertakeressI don't care for it. I appreciate the work that went into it, but honestly, it looks like a cheap 10 year old's Miley Cyrus forum. The fact that the usernames are above the post is annoying, the font's too big, it's hard to scroll through the topics easily and the colors are hard on the eyes.
- Dec 21, '08 by marachneOK, one thing I do like is the green dot next to poster's names if they are currently logged on.
Learning to get my way around. Change is always hard.
- Dec 21, '08 by Babs0512I agree with all of you. I still think we have to be patient. I imagine there must be a reason for the format change. I've always been of the opinion, if it's not broken, don't fix it. That statement should definitely apply in this case.
I can't find any of my favorite threads. It's waaaay to difficult now to search for them. I also agree, the colors are difficult on the eyes. I had chosen my colors before.
I still think I'll try to be patient, but I have to agree, I don't see any advantages in this new format compared to the old format. I'd like to know why the format was changed in the first place.
- Dec 21, '08 by AtheosQuote from ZASHAGALKADangit! I was agreeing with every single one of your posts and you had to ruin it.Brian: I understand the multiple reasons why an upgrade is a good idea. After all, my PS3 is MUCH better than my Atari 2600 was - back in the day.
An Atari 2600 pwns the PS3.
Oh sure... The PS3 has the graphics. But...
The Atari has class and style.
- Dec 21, '08 by NRSKarenRNlast time we upgraded site, had same nashing of teeth and wailing.... but everyone adjusted.
have any of you viewed the video????
quick video tutorial on redesign
or checked out what happened to.... how do i find?
your withdrawal will be lessoned upon viewing
we are listening to your suggestions and will be tweeking settings to make this a more enjoyable bb.
- Dec 21, '08 by Bortaz, RNCount me among those who don't like it.
It's pointless to have to click click click away at buttons to see information (thank-yous, age, locations, etc) that every other forum in existence has at a glance.
On some posts, especially those of members with avatars, I can barely tell the message from all the crap that is in the signature area. Some of the signatures take up 90% of a screen length. This is particularly disconcerting as you can only see a couple of posts per screen anyway, and to have a 1-line post followed by a screen-long sig...well, let's just say it's annoying. See NrsKaren's posts for an example.
I read all 25 pages of this thread, and other than the mods and earle&&, every single post has been against the new look. The response of "But, we're about to make a new video!" or "We're listening to what you're saying, just get used to the change! You'll love it! LOOK, a new video and a myspace clone!" don't seem congruent to the level of dissatisfaction that's been shown by the membership.
Ms. Daytonite made a very cogent and important point, in that all the reams and reams of information used by nurses, and most importantly, students, is going to be a terror to locate in this format.
I'd like to have the old one back.