so.... what do you think? First impressions? - Page 23Register Today!
- Dec 20, '08 by cjcsoon2brnIt seems like there is an overwhelming response from users that say they are having difficulties with the new layout and do not like the new design and I agree that I am not a fan. However, this is just the first day of this new layout so there will be some kinks in it but I think that if we give Brian and the staff some time they will be able to hear our requests and be able to work on the issues. I will say that I like look of the new icons and the design of the heading at top of the page (where the allnurses.com logo and tabs are located.) I think some people will agree with me that there are individual elements of this new design that would be nice to keep but I think that maybe we should revert to the old layout and format and integrate some of the new designs into the old layout.
- Dec 20, '08 by kytheIt might also have been less shocking if we had some notification ahead of time that the site would change. It came as quite a surprise, so I think is quite expected that the first reaction would be quite negative. People tend to not appreciate change when it is thrown at them when they aren't looking. Some forewarning could have eased the transition. It also would be nice if our opinions had been taken into consideration, but it is clear we have no choice but to either adapt to the new system or leave.
For what it's worth, I mentioned earlier that I didn't like how the user profile section "About Me" shows "n/a" under all the sections you choose not to answer. I noticed just now that this isn't the case. Maybe I just didn't notice before, or maybe it has been changed, but people's profiles do look a lot cleaner and easier to read now that the sections they didn't fill in simply do not appear.
- Dec 20, '08 by Mom2ChaosI don't like that everything is so big that it doesn't fit on a 17" screen. I don't mind scrolling up & down, but having to also scroll left & right is annoying.
- Well, initially I felt overwhelmed and lost.
Then ...... I realised I wasn't even logged in!!! LOL
I've been browsing now for a little while, and I think I'll eventually get used to the new look allnurses.
Change is not something us older folks like too much I'm finding! lol
One gets a tad comfortable in old shoes!
I appreciate all the hard work which you all have put into the new revamped allnurses. I know it's been time consuming and no doubt has presented some challenges. I thank you for all that you have done and continue to do.
While I was comfortable with the old look and perhaps preferred it, (maybe because it was what I knew?! ), I accept things change and change is never readily acceptable for many of us nor easy. I'll just have to get busy and familiarise myself with it all over again and maybe learn some new things!
Congratulations on your hard work and continuing best wishes for a brilliant allnurses into the future!
Cheers from Down Under!
- Dec 20, '08 by AtheosAlso, it needs to scale.
Like on GMail. If you make the browser window wider it spreads to fit.
I'm sure it's not a problem on a 17 or 19 inch monitor. But on 24" + monitors it leaves a lot of whitespace to either side.
- Quote from kytheit might also have been less shocking if we had some notification ahead of time that the site would change. it came as quite a surprise, so i think is quite expected that the first reaction would be quite negative. people tend to not appreciate change when it is thrown at them when they aren't looking. some forewarning could have eased the transition. it also would be nice if our opinions had been taken into consideration, but it is clear we have no choice but to either adapt to the new system or leave.
for what it's worth, i mentioned earlier that i didn't like how the user profile section "about me" shows "n/a" under all the sections you choose not to answer. i noticed just now that this isn't the case. maybe i just didn't notice before, or maybe it has been changed, but people's profiles do look a lot cleaner and easier to read now that the sections they didn't fill in simply do not appear.
kythe, there was notification of the impending changes. plenty of notification in fact. obviously you missed reading that?
- Dec 20, '08 by blondy2061hI find the message someone quoted, their response, and the person's signature all run together. I'm also seeing several posts where someone quoted something and I'm not seeing their response at all.
I miss being able to see someone's nursing specialty in one glance. I find the forums hard to read now.
Brian, I appreciate all your work on this, and all you do for the forum in general, but not loving the change.
- Dec 20, '08 by NursingRocks1998Sorry, but I don't like it- the old format seemed much easier to navigate- being a fairly new member, I was just used to the old one- this one seems much less user friendly. As a previous poster stated, I wish I could click to the "classic" version as well.
- Dec 20, '08 by jyoung1950But Stanley, you are one big white square - did they lose your avatar?
- maybe i've just not found them yet ............. but where are the journals?
have those been discontinued?
will be added in next part of upgrade over the coming days, completed by january. nrskaren rn