so.... what do you think? First impressions? - Page 18Register Today!
- Dec 20, '08 by CraigB-RNIt's slow to load and isn't handled by the lowest common denominator PC's. At work at least half the compuer can't handle the new format.
- Dec 20, '08 by loricatusQuote from FireStarterRNI have to echo your sentiments.Why would someone change something that works well and is successful? This new format was obviously designed by a computer nerd who wanted to cram as many bells and whistles in as possible.
The old website was what brought incredible success to allnurses. This one is overly complicated. If I click on my user profile it has information overload.
I feel like this was change for the sake of change, which is an all too common American malady. I also feel as this forum was designed by men, for men, because it seems to reflect the male tendency to love gadgets and bells and whistles.
This is my second time coming here since the change, trying to give it a chance-it is NOT one bit user frendly, way too many icons, hard top read, difficult to navigate through, impersonal, complicated, frustrating... no longer a refuge.
Can't find the break room and have lost my patience trying to give it a chance. Maybe some find this complicated, impersonal maze relaxing and conducive to interactive conversation-I certainly do not.
I intended to upgrade to platinum and now, will probably not even renew my current status (which I now have only a little icon to let me know what it is). I will certainly miss all the good conversation and this place; but, needing a video to get me through the changes should not be necessary in a user friendly environment.
Please try to remember why so many nurses come here. It has lost that welcoming and inviting appeal and should not require hard work to participate
- Dec 20, '08 by VivaRNHate to be Debbie Downer but I don't like it either. The font is too big, and with all those extra icons and white space - it is distracting and too much "work". It is also impossible for people computing in a public space (such as work, or on a lunch break) to be discreet.
I don't like not being able to see where someone is from, or how much experience they have when they reply to a post.
I liked the impression that I was part of a professional community... but this looks more corny and bubbly. I don't see myself as the "type" who would come to a site like that.
I understand a lot of work went into this, and I appreciate that, but can I at least have the option of keeping mine the same?
I wish I liked it.
- Dec 20, '08 by goopsyhorrible horrible horrible. i cant stand it. IT WAS SO SLOW. The old one was WAY BETTER. some admin said it was just a test, and i hope so because this is the worst ever.
- Dec 20, '08 by TweetyI miss the journals too and hate that it's gone. We just have to be a little more patient.
Thanks so much everyone for understanding!
- Dec 20, '08 by thatdiva216I prefer the old one. This new forum seems so impersonal. The fonts are big and ugly, and it's harder to navigate. I don't like it. Nope. Please let's go back to the way it used to be!
- Dec 20, '08 by bidatheraptorthey were doing an upgrade to the blogs last night when i tried logging in i couldn't--apparently they messed the site up!
it's totally screwed up!
- Dec 20, '08 by leslie :-DQuote from loricatuswhile i was overwhelmed at first, i am already getting more comfortable...can't find the break room and have lost my patience trying to give it a chance. maybe some find this complicated, impersonal maze relaxing and conducive to interactive conversation-i certainly do not.
click on 'my account' on top of page.
premium area is on bottom of menu.
but, needing a video to get me through the changes should not be necessary in a user friendly environment.
i'm not agreeing with that.
whenever we purchase a new product, it comes w/an instruction manual.
computer programs/software come with tutorials.
no matter how user-friendly this bb is or isn't, i'd be surprised to find none of these tools to guide us.
please try to remember why so many nurses come here. it has lost that welcoming and inviting appeal and should not require hard work to participate
and this is w/o the kinks being worked out.
i have a feeling it's all going to be great in the end.
it really is just a matter of us being patient and giving brian et al, a chance to work this out.
- Dec 20, '08 by sonomalaIt wasn't broken, why did you fix it? The new one is too large, it takes too much scrolling to read it all. No offense but if you wanted to encourage me to go premium, this is not going to do it. The site is a pain to read now. Go back, please
- Dec 20, '08 by SierraMooni find it very difficult to read now. i miss the information that was in the header (location, experience, specialty, etc).
just click on members name to see till work order completed. nrskarenrn
it doesn't look like a discussion board anymore, it looks more like the comments section of a newspaper website or something.
i wish you would change the forums back.