so.... what do you think? First impressions? - Page 14Register Today!
- Dec 20, '08 by Wolfe24I think it *looks* good, but its not as user friendly. First, the "quick reply" box seems to be broken. There is no end to the right side of the box so the text doesn't drop down to the next line. You have to use the advanced reply to get it to work right.
Also, its odd to be reading threads and having to look to the left of the screen. It would be much better if the text was centered in the middle rather than having ads taking up the whole right side and forcing the text to the left. Could the ads be placed at the bottom of the page?
My biggest peeve is not being able to see user's ages/locations etc next to their user name in a thread. Its hard to fumble through pages to see who someone is and then to have to get back to the thread you were reading.
Other than that, I think it looks good, I'm sure a lot of things will be fixed and ironed out in the next weeks. Good job!
- Dec 20, '08 by marachneWell I finally found the "post reply" button -- which for me (PC, Foxfire) is at the bottom of the page only -- bit clugey.
I think the hardest thing for me at this point is not having "thread trails" I like being able to follow back from a specific thread, to a forum, etc. I've subscribed to several forums as well as individual threads, and I can't find that info anywhere right now.
Looking forward to some more instructions for navigating the new system.
- Dec 20, '08 by lindarnThe old design was just fine. I cannot make heads or tails of the new design. Bring back the old design.
Lindarn, RN, BSN, CCRN
- Dec 20, '08 by Jules AQuote from jnetteDo we have a poll up for this? How many like, how many dislike?
Great idea but I would imagine Brian is prepared for a whole bunch of complaints any time there is a change and the bottom line is that it is his forum and we don't know all the particulars of his motivation however...
Funny thing about asking for feedback is that while "on paper" it seems like its an open discussion for positive change in fact it often seems like its more about appeasing unhappy people with no intention to implement their suggestions. As I recall from last time the board had modifications I'm pretty sure nothing was actually changed with regard to the member concerns (edited to add: if this not accurate and things were changed I will stand corrected) that were posted. Of course my old and short attention span only remembered that after I posted my "suggestions".Last edit by Jules A on Dec 20, '08
- Dec 20, '08 by AtheosStrange because I can access the blogs no proble,. I'll have to try the gallery but so far no problem with the blogs.
- Dec 20, '08 by SterrenI hate it! Why on earth would you go from the fantastic, easy-to-use vbulletin format to this? I can't even find my boards I frequent. Where is the 1st year in nursing board?
I hate it. I'm so sorry, I know you guys worked hard, but I hate it.
- Dec 20, '08 by Amybeth56Oh no. This is horrible. I thought my computer was messed up. I defragged so slow but no help. Get the old one back. Also old one was so much easier. If it isnt broke dont fix it. (just my opinion) 2 thumbs down
- Dec 20, '08 by AtheosOk, so let me preface this with the disclaimer that I am not mad because change is uncomfortable. I love change. I love new jobs, new code, new living situations. The love of change stems from my belief in evolution. So, I like change...
Now, to the topic at hand. Let me just list my issues...
- There is no continuity. Everything is disjointed. Before everything was in reach of everything else.
- Lack of CSS options. This being the 'future' and all means there should be CSS options. Especially the option to view the site in different formats. This was almost an option before with colors. It should be taken a step further like how, say Wordpress implements hotswappable themes.
- Where the heck is everything??? Bad flow leads to people not using resources and people leaving.
- I don't know what you guys did but load times are atrocious. I am literally waiting minutes for a page to load. Minutes. With 30Mb FIOS. I don't even wait minutes for a 25GB HD movie to download.
- Wasn't there a beta site??? Could we go BACK to the old design and leave the beta design in beta UNTIL there is a proper Release Candidate?
- Not a criticism but major bugs should be worked out BEFORE going live.
- Some of the new features haven't been explained and I can't find anything about the. Like, why am I receiving friend requests? I understand the concept but what is it going to be used for?
Not trying to complain but I can't even surf around quickly enough to find out if anything else is wrong.
It's going to be the 'Text' version for me for awhile... Maybe we should have an 'Old allnurses Design' version available. CSS is our friend...
Submitting this post took 63 seconds.
Hitting 'Edit' caused a Firefox crash (3rd one so far). Then after bringing it back up, 43 seconds to load the editor.
Last edit by Atheos on Dec 20, '08
- Dec 20, '08 by cjcsoon2brnI have to be perfectly honest. I don't like this redesign at all, I understand where they were going with it and I applaud the effort but it's much more difficult to navigate, it's slower to load and it actually hurts my eyes to move through the pages and the ads are placed in a way which makes it difficult to sort out advertisement from threads. Please bring the old design back.
- Dec 20, '08 by cjcsoon2brnI have to be honest. I don't like this redesign at all, I understand where they were going with it and I applaud the effort. However, I think the new design is more difficult to navigate, slower to load and it actually hurts my eyes to read because the ads are placed in a way which makes it difficult to sort out advertisement from threads. Please bring the old design back.