Satisfaction Survey: Tell Us What You Think of allnurses.com - Page 2Register Today!
- Nov 27, '12 by MedChicaLove the site.
At this stage, I come here to learn and share info. I use this site for research when I get off shift.
Just to gain a new perspective or better understanding of things. Maybe, I'll have a question about some condition and wonder what the nurses on AN have to say about...or if anyone's gone through it.
I want to be good at what I do and this site has a lot of knowledgeable - highly skilled - people. No joke!
Not too long ago, I had my first hospice pt and I was researching about 'comfort measures' in the Hospice specialty section.
'To turn or not turn'.
'Clearing up misconceptions about morphine'.
TRUST ME -- that information came in handy! My pt's family member was on the phone with her sister discussing roxanol and said something to the effect of 'yes - they gave him the morphine to sedate him, I guess'. The first question out of her mouth when she got off the phone? "Did I explain that correctly? He's sedated...because of the morphine?"
That was an opportunity to educate them.
- Nov 27, '12 by David FrancoisI think this site is very informative and I look forward to learning more and meeting other great colleagues here as well.
- Nov 27, '12 by whirlwind88Hi there
Love the fact, when I find a moment and I'm curious what other RN's are doing/thinking about certain issues, that I can log on and peruse.
Very very very very helpful.
- Nov 27, '12 by Liddle NoodnikAdd "I don't know" or N/A to the survey question options.
Using the keyboard versus just typing is awkward.
thanks for being here for us! isn't it funny I don't remember how I heard about AN (2003)
- Nov 27, '12 by gonzo1What all the above posters have said.
I love allnurses. It is my nursing family.
- Nov 27, '12 by nursesmarty2 thumbs UP!
- Nov 27, '12 by cee cee gTwo thumbs up (allnurses.com)
- Nov 27, '12 by CherylRNBSNI cannot tell you how much I enjoy this site.
It provided me with a way to relate to colleagues as I was searching for a job after being out of the field for 12 yrs.
I am back at work, and AN helped me tremendously as far as the current state of nursing, the interview process, etc.
I have laughed and cried while reading posts.
And I love the fact that I can post a question, and have expert responses within a few hrs. Thanks to all the nurses who post here!
Thank you, and keep up the good work!
- Nov 27, '12 by driven2012I have been able to find the answer or if not a discussion about any nursing related question I have had so far as a member! I think that this site is fantastic and would not be what it is without all of the wonderful members who share their stories, experiences, and opinions!
- Nov 28, '12 by violetgirlDone! Great site!