Discuss: ALERT: Problems logging on, Multiple accounts and Member BanningRegister Today!
- by NRSKarenRN Admin Jul 12, '06Last edit by NRSKarenRN on Jul 12, '06
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=167563©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- Jul 14, '06 by perfectbluebuildingsthis isn't the case with me... i was just wondering if maybe some of the duplicate IP addresses are coming up with people from the same family wanting different accounts, but sharing a computer?
- Jul 14, '06 by Marie_LPN, RNQuote from RayraeGood point.this isn't the case with me... i was just wondering if maybe some of the duplicate IP addresses are coming up with people from the same family wanting different accounts, but sharing a computer?
- Jul 15, '06 by NRSKarenRNSince end of May, the number of duplicate accounts has significantly increased. Upon investigation, over 90% duplicate posts are one person signing up again on same day as initial sign up for varying reasons.
Mod and Admin thought another reminder re TOS + duplicate accounts needed. We want everyone to understand how we moderate our website and enjoy their time spent here while decreasing amount moderator/admin contacts over TOS issues.
After all, main purpose of board to is network and have fun!
- Aug 18, '06 by olivedrabhi, sorry i'm late to this, but here's what i've learned....
if the problem comes from people who use AOL to log on, or some other ISP with shared IP addresses, the links below might help explain things and show why they might not actually be the same person:
hope this helps! :)
- Aug 18, '06 by NRSKarenRNAOL acccounts not an issue at this time.
- Aug 18, '06 by olivedrabQuote from NRSKarenRNhi againAOL acccounts not an issue at this time.
according to my sysop friend, the couple hundred AOL shared proxies below could be used by anyone (just to log on, but use webmail such as yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc.)
- Sep 19, '07 by squeakykittyI always wondered--if this website can track IP addresses, what about people who have to use a public computer (I don't have one at home yet), and someone in the same area uses those computers to post on this site, and for some reason gets themselves banned? Would it affect me being able to log on?
- Sep 19, '07 by sirINo, squeakykitty.
When accounts are banned the IP addresses are not automatically banned. Therefore, it has no effect on subsequent members with the same IP address.