I get a lot of push back (mostly from the environmental Svcs supervisor) at my hospital when I ask for some bleach cleaning of high touch surfaces when we have a high concentration of C diff patients on one unit. I do this of course, pro-actively, so that 6 months down the road we do not have a unit FULL of C. diff, and a bunch of staff who have also had the C. diff experience! (the supervisor always wants to clean with "coverage" which will just move the spores around!) If C diff was visible like Lice, I'd have a much easier time, I am sure.
I was told though recently that one hospital has gone completely bleach free after a bad respiratory experience of the staff. Apparently they are using a different product that kills the C diff spores.
I've been researching it, but can not seem to find such a product. Sooooooooooooo...if any knows of anything can you please share!