LPN to BSN @ Indiana State U...here is the info i got!!! - Page 22Register Today!
- Sep 22, '11 by LadyinScrubsQuote from SailinSandSalinSand, I currently am in the program and have written at length about ISU. What info are you seeking?Can anyone that is currently in, or recently completed the ISU LPN-->BSN please PM me. I want to hear a bit about the program and your experience in it. Thanks.
- Sep 25, '11 by kally24dHello everyone,
I am considering to attend Indiana state university LPN o BSN online program in fall 2012. Now i noticed as i saw it posted here that some students have difficulty to find a clinical site and a preceptor, so i was wondering if anyone in here live in Florida ( fort lauderdale/preferably) have encounter any of these difficulties.? i would really appreciate your advise.
- Sep 29, '11 by NicBeezcan you please please tell me why i should not go through college network? i haven't signed any papers, but just doing research on my next step from lvn-bsn. Thanks!
- Sep 29, '11 by NicBeezQuote from ballerinagirlCould you PM me as well? I'm very curious! Thanks!SailinSand and obasnurse,
I will PM you. wait for my message before you sign anything with College Network.
- Sep 29, '11 by sunrockDon,t you dare, register with them. They have to go thru EC, Ec have the same tutorials, and the program has a new study guide as of nov. 4th, you will be getting old info., listen and read the other person PM, i do not want to have brian kick me off for person attacks. Read excelsior nursing, or indeed.com forum many post there re this company
- Sep 29, '11 by LadyinScrubsQuote from sunrockSunrock, could you elaborate on your post. I am a little confused as to which post you were posting to.Don,t you dare, register with them. They have to go thru EC, Ec have the same tutorials, and the program has a new study guide as of nov. 4th, you will be getting old info., listen and read the other person PM, i do not want to have brian kick me off for person attacks. Read excelsior nursing, or indeed.com forum many post there re this company
This is the Indiana State Univ LPN to BSN site. You mention EC and "EC have the same tutorials" and to read the exscelsior nursing... Are you discussing Excelsior College and their study guides. If so, the ISU study guides sold through TCN is not nor does it reflect the EC study guides.
WHAT SHOULD BE DISCUSSED IS THIS: one does not need The College Network study guides to pass the 4 challenge ISU exams. I should know, I am in the nursing program and took all the challenge tests.
It is true that TCN changes their ISU study guides yearly. However, ISU nursing dept publishes a list of objectives and areas that must be studied and may be on the challenge exam. That information is FREE and if one buys a nursing textbook for the subject (or a comprehensive stud and/or NCLEX guide) the same information is also included in those books. There is no need to buy any study guides; just cover the info that ISU suggests and save yourself at least $2100 in fees.
The TCN study guides are no magic bullet. You must cover the material and underrstand it. However, should a potential student fail the challenge exam on the first try, for the next attempt, the student must by the expesnive TCN study guide.
- Oct 6, '11 by AprilNCan someone please PM me (I can't figure it out!) on the info with ISU? I am desperate to find an online LPN-RN program, and TCN and Exselsior have had such bad reviews.. I really don't want to get screwed over, but I need to be able to work my full time job AND work on my degree!! Is there any way to go through ISU and NOT through TCN? Thanks!!
- Oct 6, '11 by LadyinScrubsQuote from aprilnyes you do not need tcn or excelsior. excelsior is different from isu for it has no clinicals and you study at your own pace. at isu, you must do clinicals in your area and you must take the lecture class with the other online students--you study on your own but have goals to reach each week, etc. go to the isu nursing website for the lpn to bsn program. it will list the prerequisites and the general educational classes you must have to apply to the program. (those classes can be taken at a local community college). once you apply, you will need to pass 4 challenge coursees. then you are admited on an interim basis till you pass the first two courses at isu.can someone please pm me (i can't figure it out!) on the info with isu? i am desperate to find an online lpn-rn program, and tcn and exselsior have had such bad reviews.. i really don't want to get screwed over, but i need to be able to work my full time job and work on my degree!! is there any way to go through isu and not through tcn? thanks!!
- Oct 8, '11 by saltwaterstatI absolutely love your time-line, and your goal. nice going!
- Oct 11, '11 by DarcyLPN99Lady in Scrubs....I've applied to ISU....I've got a question though..you put that you can take your General Education requirements at your local college. I also know that ISU has a partnership with Ivy Tech. Are you able to take your prerequisites through them online? I also know that ISU accepts Straighterline courses, too....Thanks!