LPN to BSN @ Indiana State U...here is the info i got!!! - Page 11Register Today!
- Feb 15, '10 by travel1963Novavida..........do you live in illinois?
- Feb 15, '10 by novavidaYes, I live in Illinois.
- Feb 16, '10 by travel1963oh. then we are in the same boat. in illinois and trying to find preceptors..........
- Feb 19, '10 by wigglesgogoDoes anyone know if you must have labs for all of the sciences or just one? I thought I read something about this on one of ISU's thread but I can't find it. Also any suggestions for completing on line A&P or Micro?
- Feb 19, '10 by novavidaI tested out Microbiology throught excelsior college and ISU accepted my credits. It is like a CLEPP exam. There is one college : "calcampus on line", that offers science classes . I did a computer and algebra class through it and ISU accepted.
- Thank you for the info on Cal campus. I am looking into taking a class there. How were the classes there?
- Feb 20, '10 by novavidaVery easy, homeworks, tests , all online and open book. I got an A in both classes which raised my GPA. But the not all college accepts the credits. ISU does it and the Community College that I am at, did. chamberlain College of Nursing did not.
- Thanks for the info, I plan to go that route after looking at the classes and info. Also you mentioned you are now at a Community College are you doing a bridge. Just curious if the C.C. accepted all of your excelcier credits as well towards your degree.
- Feb 20, '10 by novavidaYes, this particular community college did, but other communities colleges that I applied did not. I am doing LPN to RN bridge and I am in the 4th semester( last semester), but I am having so many problems ( discrimination is just one of them...) Any way, I just dropped Med Surg IV, so I am not be able to graduatte this Spring. I am doing pshych and Seminar . I can go back there next Spring, but I am considering another options. This program has been a nightmare for me...
- Oh, sorry to hear that. Discrimination can sometimes root its ugly head. I hope you can finish the program. Most programs do not accept nursing credits from another college. What state do you live in? Maybe you could try excelsior college. Of course ISU would be a better choice just because of the BSN program instead of AA. Either way best of luck to you on your choice.