Indiana Wesleyan University OnlineRegister Today!
This is a discussion on Indiana Wesleyan University Online in Indiana State University Online Nursing Degrees, part of Online Nursing Schools, Traditional Schools, Colleges, Universities ... Would love to hear from anyone who has gone through or is currently enrolled in Indiana Wesleyan...by KayceeLeeRN Mar 23, '10Would love to hear from anyone who has gone through or is currently enrolled in Indiana Wesleyan University (IWU) online RN-BSN program. It's on the top of my list, but I haven't heard enough about it from other students.
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=464105©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 3,856 Views
- Mar 24, '10 by KMRNOCNThey have come to our hospital with the information so I did look into their RN-BSN program. They require clinicals so I have not looked any further.
- Mar 25, '10 by ophiroseI am starting the online program next month. I have been looking into this program for 2 years and finally applied. So far, the staff that I have spoken to have been really helpful. They do have 2 clinical classes, but they can be done in your own community and are toward the end of the program.
- Mar 26, '10 by caliotter3Have you done a search on this site for comments made in past threads? I don't care too much for the idea of doing any clinical classes if it can be helped.
- Mar 26, '10 by ophiroseI have read most of the threads on this site related to IWU. I am open to the idea of clinicals because it can only enhance my learning.
- Mar 27, '10 by lkwashingtonThe clinicals part of any course can be something simple as an online project or precepting with someone at work. It is not bad as you think it is. Just think about more.
- Mar 25, '12 by fsinghhi wow. they have an rn to bsn online. wow how many months is that. and do they take an rn degree from indiana dabney university.
- Apr 26, '12 by Kayemini start this program next month. everyone i've talked to there have been awesome. i'm definitely looking forward to it!
- May 10, '12 by mspontiacQuote from KayceeLeeRNI know this is an old thread, but I spoke to an advisor this week and she informed me that they are revamping the program starting July, 2012, and IWU will no longer require clinicals.Would love to hear from anyone who has gone through or is currently enrolled in Indiana Wesleyan University (IWU) online RN-BSN program. It's on the top of my list, but I haven't heard enough about it from other students.
- May 11, '12 by LadyinScrubsQuote from mspontiacodd that indiana wesleyan university has been posted on the indiana state university website and that the previous post just happens to mention tht they are starting a no clinical nursing program. very odd.i know this is an old thread, but i spoke to an advisor this week and she informed me that they are revamping the program starting july, 2012, and iwu will no longer require clinicals.
however, to be fair to those interested in info about iwu, i went to their nursing website. when i searched for their tuition, the first thing provided was how to apply for financial aid. red flag here: they are suggesting the potential nursing student apply for financial aid before ind wesleyan univ provides the cost of tuition. made me wonder why so i did some digging to get the tuition.
what i found is this: a year's tuition at ind wesleyan univ is a minimum of $22,000 (without books, etc). the nursing program is 4 years; they do have a transition program (you would have to check on what this means), and they do have an accelerated program for those holding non nursing bachelors degrees.
nursing jobs are at a premium and here is a private university charging $22,000 a year or a minimum of $88,000 for a 4 year degree. buyer beware. consider the cost of the program compared to whether there be a job when or if you graduate?