Starting pre-nursing in Fall at IUPUI. Already a nervous wreck.Register Today!
This is a discussion on Starting pre-nursing in Fall at IUPUI. Already a nervous wreck. in Indiana State Nursing Programs, part of Indiana Nursing ... I have a tendency to get very depressed when I fail something big. There are two things that I...by Axmann Jun 17, '12I have a tendency to get very depressed when I fail something big.
There are two things that I am already deathly afraid will happen when I start:
1. Not getting into the nursing program
2. Not passing the NCLEX.
I am going to study as hard as I can and do my best, but the fact I'm going to do my best is what scares me. I'm afraid of finding out that my best isn't good enough.
Now, as many are aware, passing the NCLEX the first time or getting accepted to your program of choice the first time you apply, are not marks of a good nurse. What is important is passion and a desire to do your best.
I am scared of having that sinking feeling where you feel everything is crumbling down around you. I'm scared of what a blow like that will do to me.
Who else here hasn't even been accepted to a program yet but is already scared to death of these things?
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=743738©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 870 Views
- Jun 17, '12 by LaceElaineMe!! You sound just like me! Failing something big is always in the back of my mind. I have to remind myself that it's not the end of the world and you often get second chances. it might set me back, but it won't stop me. My counselor suggested I take a stress management class. Hopefully that might teach me something.
I'm starting my second year of pre-nursing this fall
- Jun 17, '12 by k_girl153Don't stress yourself out over small things. Just set small goals...so goal #1 should be getting into a program first then you can worry passing the NCLEX. Relax...the prereqs are the easy part.
- Jun 23, '12 by AxmannThanks for the encouragement, Lace! I wish you the best of luck too. Hopefully I can get some stress management techniques as well.
- Jul 2, '12 by Bloomgirl118It's hard feeling that way but I understand. When I decided to go back to school at the age of 29 with two kiddos under the age of 3 I was petrified of failing. I thought I would be failing myself and my family. I'm going to be starting my second year of nursing school this August and couldn't feel better about things. I know the NCLEX isn't going to be easy but I also know I can overcome that too. Keep up the hard work and I'm sure you'll make it. Good luck!