BSU Summer 08'Register Today!
- by The_Mob_Rules Mar 15, '08I just got accepted to the BSU Nursing program for the summer. I was just wondering if there is any one that can give me an idea of what to expect. I'm pretty excited but scared!
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=288856©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 1,000 Views
- May 5, '08 by bsuRN2bCongrats and welcome to the program!
It's a tough one, but very worth it.
Are you taking 230 and 232? These seem to be the easier ones considering they want you to get your feet wet before the more challenging work. In these classes you will learn all assessments and basic skills (e.g., BP readings and other vitals, NG tubes, IVs, med administration, enemas, etc.)
I'm taking peds & OB this summer.
- May 30, '08 by The_Mob_RulesRN2b What do you think about NUR230? I think she is trying te red neck me out of the program. Have you ever heard of her doing this?Last edit by XB9S on Jun 30, '08 : Reason: removing personal names
- Jun 14, '08 by mehart2001I'm finishing my last 3 courses this fall. All clinical instructors/lecturers have their favorites to kick out. This program is sooooo not fair on many levels. People who have graduated have said time and time again they wish they would have taken BSU to the accreditation board for student violations, however I think everyone just wants to get through it and be as far away from "Dillard's program" as quickly as possible.
I realize all nursing programs have their faults...BSU is no exception! Good Luck.
- Jun 21, '08 by The_Mob_RulesWell, she raked me over the coals real bad in comps the other day. It is clear she has a problem with me. So I'm trying to decided if I should drop the course and try again in the fall or not. ANY advice that ANYONE can give will sure be appreciated. I think that no matter what I'm doomed in this course (NUR230)
- Jun 21, '08 by mehart2001If you are having difficulty at a 200 level, with all due respect, the 300 level will be almost impossible. The junior year is THE most difficult with the program. I feel that the best way to get through a difficult clinical day or semester is to prove yourself to the instructor. Be cautious though. Good luck.
- Jun 21, '08 by The_Mob_RulesI'm doing great in NUR232. The problem with 230 is the instructor.
- Jun 30, '08 by XB9SJust a gentle reminder please do not use personal names of instructors within these threads.
- Jun 30, '08 by bsunurse23I graduated from BSU in Dec 06! Do not drop this course, but study study study and prove this instructor wrong. I felt the same exact way in this class, but made it out alive and passed! You will do fine as long as you apply yourself. This is the class that they try to weed out the students who are not going to devote their lives to nursing school for the next 2.5 years. After completing this course, the instructor told me that she was so proud of how much I matured and grew in her course and that she was just trying to push me to the next level and show me my potential! Not that I really believed her, but I did prove her wrong.