Saint Francis fort wayneRegister Today!
- by lhayee Mar 11, '10i'm thinking about transfering from ivytech to saint francis. i have heard alot of great things from people who have graduated from there, so i was wondering if any one has went there if they think that it is worth the money (b/c it's very expensive). how competive is it? is it a good program?
thanx in advance.
- Mar 24, '10 by is5512Hey Kiddo!
I transferred over from Ivy, as have a coupla classmates. You are absolutely correct that it is ju$t a $midge expen$ive (especially given that I would have gotten thru Ivy for free). I'm a special case because I made the switch out of spiritual conviction, (yes, I did have the grades to have made it in). I've got some classmates from the Ft Wayne area and from elsewhere that came because it was (then) easier to get into. I've got some classmates that did the research and found that our program smoked everybody else's. IPFW is another option, and I pop in as a Guest Student there sometimes.
What do you want to know? (pm or e-mail is fine, btw)
- Aug 15, '10 by k1emtI am wondering what version TEAS test that Saint Francis currently uses? When I took the TEAS test last week at Ivy Tech, they were still using TEAS version 3.0. Information on Ivy Tech website indicates that after Sept. 2, 2010 that Ivy tech will be starting to use only version 5. I am not sure what Saint Francis uses for TEAS test. Can anyone tell me? I know that Saint Francis goes by the entire GPA of a student and not just the 4 pre-req's that Ivy Tech uses to calculate who gets into nursing. What version Teas did you take and got in at Saint Francis?
- Aug 28, '10 by Born2BANurse1Hi, I am also thinking about tranferring from Ivy tech to St. Francis in Crown Point. I am taking psych201 and intro to sociology this semester, next semester I am taking chem 101. I will apply to the program for Fall 2011. That is the earliest I can apply because I have to have Chem 101 done. At that point I will already have all my prereqs and coreqs done except micro. I might take micro over the summer. I know it is very expensive but I wont worry about that bcuz I have a ton of credits transfering in.
- Oct 1, '10 by psytbs87The nursing department at USF is very corrupt and political. Although the degree looks good on paper, it is not even close to being worth the ridiculous amount of tuition (which just raised this year too!). This school is just known for their name...the students aren't gifted or anything near that. They do have better hands on patient skills and are more well rounded communication wise.
- Oct 1, '10 by Born2BANurse1Quote from psytbs87Wow! I am really surprised to hear that, all I have heard is good things about the school and Nursing program.The nursing department at USF is very corrupt and political. Although the degree looks good on paper, it is not even close to being worth the ridiculous amount of tuition (which just raised this year too!). This school is just known for their name...the students aren't gifted or anything near that. They do have better hands on patient skills and are more well rounded communication wise.