Received license renewal notification in the mail today - WARNING
- 0Sep 4, '03 by Nurse RatchedFolks - be aware that the license renewal notification is in the form of an approx 5"x10" postcard that could easily slip into ad flyers in your mail - in fact, that's what mine did, looking very much like a pizza delivery coupon or yet another "come work for us" ad. One side has in large letters: "When Duty Calls." Please be on the lookout for this as I would have unknowingly thrown mine out if a friend had not alerted me. License renewal is being "encouraged" to be done online this year, altho you can call or email to receive a paper form.
I'll let you know when I renew mine online how the process went .Last edit by Nurse Ratched on Sep 4, '03
- 4,800 Views
- 0Sep 8, '03 by Nurse RatchedI renewed online this weekend. It *was* quick and easy. I did also write a letter re: the poor judgement shown in sending out something that looks like junk mail for an official and very important notification. My friend called to have an application mailed to her (she prefers not to do it online) and registered her complaint over the phone. Talking to other nurses in the area, we are not the only ones who were agitated.
I can't help but think there's no WAY they would pull this with a doctor's license renewal notification.Last edit by Nurse Ratched on Sep 9, '03
- 0Sep 8, '03 by phn92I renewed on-line too. It wasn't too bad, but I could see how people could mistakenly throw the card away as some type of junk mail.
I do know a retired MD who did throw his card away! He was told that he was not the only MD to do so!!! He actually warned me not to do the same thing!
- 0Sep 8, '03 by Leah K.I recieved my postcard the other day, too. That was a suprise! I'm glad I didn't throw it away...I just hope no one else does. Several people I work with say they haven't recieved theirs, so I prompted them to keep a better eye out on the mail. I believe this will help the re-registration process quite a bit once everyone gets used to the new system.
- Leah K.
(south central IN)
- 0Sep 12, '03 by barb4575I received the large postcard in the mail to renew recently and I agree with you...in my opinion, they should have done that the next time renewal came up and informed us this year how it would be different. But, I will do my online and happy about that as well.
Good for you Nurse Ratched in writing your letter...
- 0Sep 15, '03 by RNCENCCRNNREMTPI renewed licenses for me and my wife on-line, but it took over an hour for each and multiple resets as their servers were not working well. Very frustrating since time is so precious and I had to waste it redoing and redoing the registration.
They need to work out the bugs before going public.