i am trying to decide which program to work towards and i know you guys know the indiana nursing programs very well.
right now i am enrolled at iupui to take micro, anatomy, and physiology.
here's my info:
i went to butler for 1.5 years after hs and majored in bio.
- i took psychology. i got an a.
- i also took advanced chem (2 semesters in 1) and got an a-
- tested out of english i due to ap scores. took english ii and got an a.
i then transferred to purdue where i got my bs in mechanical engineering technology.
- i had a 3.5 when i graduated.
- took second semester chem since they wouldn't transfer all of my advanced chem. got a b because i never went to class.
- got a c in calc i and a b in calc ii.
- got an a in speech and an a in group comm (advanced speech)
thought i wanted to go to med school, so i started in at iupui to take pre-reqs. obviously, i changed my mind.
- got an a-/a in organic i lecture/lab
- in micro right now and anticipate an a or a-.
- enrolled in anatomy in the spring.
worked 2 years in industry as a quality engineer and now an environmental, health, and safety engineer with responsibility for 1100 people in a factory. i manage the emergency response team in addition to that. i will probably be taking an emt class in the spring.
so, my delimma is this... should i take forever to finish up a bsn at iupui because i can't quit work, or do i take a little less than forever doing an asn at ivy tech at night? i would really like to be working as a nurse (rn) as soon as possible. i do want to continue on to get an msn probably at a later time.
any of you ivy tech people... how hard is it to do the asn program at night and while working full time? is it possible? my boss knows about my desire to go to nursing school and she said that she could be flexible with my schedule if we pre-arranged it. i'm just worried about finishing up the clinical stuff. i live pretty much across the field from hendricks regional in danville, so that would make it easy if i did my clinicals there.
i'm rambling. anyways, anyone have any advice for me? i need some help!