Ivy Tech Students
- 1Aug 7, '11 by ahickman2Hello! I am an Ivy Tech student at the East Central Region. Who all is applying for the Spring 2012 RN/LPN programs & what campuses? What was your teas score?
I am applying for the RN/LPN at the Fort Wayne, Kokomo, & possibly Indy campuses. Applying for
only LPN at the Anderson & Muncie campuses.
I have not taken my teas test yet, taking it tomorrow. Very nervous about it!
I have 3 A's out of the 4 prereqs. Aphy 102, Psyc 101, & Eng 111. I am taking Aphy101 over in the fall, just incase I don't get accepted in the Spring so my points will be higher.
I wish everybody luck!
- 0Aug 8, '11 by mwhit5Important Notice:Important changes in the admission-selection process will take effect for the Nursing Programs for all classes admitted to the Nursing Programs summer 2011 and beyond. Please contact your advisor as soon as possible if you have any questions about these changes.
Admission-Selection Process Changes for the Nursing Programs
Students MUST attend a Nursing Information Session prior to every admission period to be aware of the most current requirements.
Students Applying for Admission to Start the PN and/or ASN Nursing Program Spring 2011
• The current admission-selection policy will be used for applicants applying for admission for spring 2011 (admission refers to the semester students actually begin nursing courses). The policy changes DO NOT apply if you are applying to be admitted for spring 2011 admission.
• If you apply for admission for spring 2011 and you are not selected, you must re-apply for future admissions. You will need to meet the new requirements when applying for admission for summer 2011 and beyond. This refers to the application deadline of February 1, 2011 for admission to summer 2011 and all application deadlines thereafter.
• A new version of TEAS will be implemented; however, the current version of TEAS will no longer be offered after September 1. If you are applying for spring 2011 admission you will take the current version. If you must re-apply for a future admission, you will be required to take the new version of the TEAS and previous version TEAS scores will not be considered.
Students Applying for Admission to the PN and/or ASN Nursing Program Summer 2011 and Beyond
• A new Admission-Selection policy will be implemented for students applying for admission for summer 2011 and beyond. This refers to the application deadline of February 1, 2011 for admission to summer 2011 and all application deadlines thereafter.
• Students MUST attend a nursing information session prior to each application period in order to have the most current information on program requirements.
• Please note that pre-requisite changes for Academic Skills Advancement (ASA) math courses took effect for admission to fall 2010. Currently, students applying for admission to the PN or ASN program must have at a minimum MATH 035 or MATH 043 or their equivalent. Please see your advisor for specific questions about your ASA math requirements.
• Please note there was an additional pre-requisite change that was previously announced for the ASN Program: MATH 13X will be pre-requisite for admission for fall 2011 and beyond. This requirement does not apply for admission spring 2011 or summer 2011. The MATH 13X course is not included in the selection point system.
Brief Overview of ChangesTEAS Test
New Test Version: All applicants for admission to a nursing program for summer 2011 and beyond will be required to take the TEAS V exam.
o Previous versions of the TEAS will no longer be valid; applicants must take TEAS V. If you are not planning to apply for admission for spring 2011, do not take the current version of the TEAS (version 3.0 or 4.0).
o The TEAS V exam will be available September 2, 2010. If you are planning to apply for admission for summer 2011 or beyond, be sure you take the TEAS V; TEAS 3.0/4.0 will no longer be valid.
o The TEAS V may be taken twice in a two-year period, provided there are 30 days between tests. If you have taken previous versions of the TEAS, these will not be counted for the purpose of this limit; the test limit applies to the TEAS V version. (Previously the TEAS could be taken 3 times in a 2 year period).
New Minimum Eligibility Requirement: Students must score in the proficient, advanced, or exemplary ATI Academic Preparedness Category to be considered for admission to the PN and ASN Programs.
o The student’s ATI Academic Preparedness Category appears on the TEAS Score report immediately below the Adjusted Individual Total Score. The Adjusted Individual Total Score will no longer be used in the selection point system, except as a tie breaker.
o Students whose ATI Academic Preparedness Category is at the developmental or basic level will not be considered for admission.
o It is the student’s responsibility to include the TEAS V score report that he/she wishes to have considered for selection in the application packet.
New TEAS Selection Points: TEAS V English, Reading, Math, and Science sub-test scores will be included in the weighted selection point system, but will no longer have the minimum scores currently required. Please attend an information session for details on the point system.
General Education Prerequisite Course Points
Weighted Points: Weighted points for prerequisite courses will be used in the selection point system. Points for APHY 101 and APHY 102 will be weighted heavier than those for ENGL 111 and PSYC 101.
Multiple Course Attempts: When the student has taken a prerequisite course more than once, points will be determined using the highest grade for the initial (first) two course attempts appearing on both Ivy Tech and other college transcripts. Grades for courses over 5 years old may be excluded from consideration with the applicant’s written request included in the application packet. Excluding those grades from the admission point system does not affect calculation of the student’s grade point average (GPA).
Region of Residence: Points will no longer be included for region of residence.
Tie Breaker Points: New tie breaker points have been established. Please attend an information session for details on the point system.