how much Indiana nurses make - Page 6Register Today!
- Jul 15, '06 by basketsbears57Hi, I have been a nurse for 15 years, work in Indy at Methodist. My base pay is $30.48/hour.
- Aug 12, '06 by ccunurseboyI'm in northeastern Indiana... New nurses fresh out of school start here at $17 and change. We top out at 29. If you're willing to drive a few extra minutes, just across the border in southern Michigan, most places are starting at $20+ with about the same top out. Someone was asking about office nurse pay... Offices that are part of our group pay between $11 and $16 regardless of LPN or RN.(The medical assistant scale is just $2 below that) I'm told that's actually pretty good pay for an office nurse around here.
- Aug 16, '06 by lisalpn06I am working at my first job as a new lpn, at a correctional facility, and am making $20.50 an hour. This is for afternoon shift, which I hate. Pay will go down to $18.50 when/if I ever make it to days.
- Aug 18, '06 by HOOSIERNWQuote from lisalpn06What facility are you working for?I am working at my first job as a new lpn, at a correctional facility, and am making $20.50 an hour. This is for afternoon shift, which I hate. Pay will go down to $18.50 when/if I ever make it to days.
- Aug 22, '06 by lisalpn06I am working at Miami Correctional, located between Peru and Kokomo
- Aug 22, '06 by ladside[quote=st4304]I work in a cath lab and have been an RN for 8 years. I work Mon-Fri, no weekends nor holidays, but do have to take call several nights per month and that of course, is extra money in the paycheck. I make $21.99/hour and $3/hr more when on call. With call time and overtime, I made over $56,000 last year. This is NOT in the Indianapolis market.
OH MY GOD!!!! I'LL NOT COME TO INDIANA. I'M AN LPN IN GEORGIA AND I MAKE $23/HR. I'M CURRENTLY PURSUING MY RN DEGREE. OUR PAYROLL CLERK MISTOOK ME FOR AN RN AND REFLECTED THAT ON MY VERY FIRST PAYCHECK...A WHOPPING $34/HR. GREAT INCENTIVE TO GET PAST ANATOMY. AM I GLAD I JOINED THIS SITE SO I'LL NO WHERE NOT TO GO!
- Aug 22, '06 by ladsideIs There A Reason Indiana Pays So Little? Are There Any Metropolitan Areas There That Would Pay More? I've Been An Lpn For 21 Years And I Am 41 Years Old And Making $23/hr Which I Believe Is Pitiful Considering The Stress Endured On Med/surg Floors With Nothing But Legalized Drug Seekers And Demanding Families.
- Aug 23, '06 by HOOSIERNWQuote from lisalpn06Who is in charge of your facility? State or prvate company?I am working at Miami Correctional, located between Peru and Kokomo
- Aug 23, '06 by lisalpn06The prison is state, but medical is hired through CMS
- Aug 23, '06 by HOOSIERNWQuote from lisalpn06Since you are a new LPN making $20.50, do you have any idea what the pay is for a long time LPN with mult. years in corrections?The prison is state, but medical is hired through CMS
Thanks for all your info.