How hard is it to get into a nursing school?
- 0Jun 15, '06 by tchunyeeHello all,
1. I plan to apply for ADN program in Iowa. Does anyone know whether it is extremely hard to get into one of the community colleges?
2. Does anyone know that whether it is easy for an RN fresh graduate to find job in Iowa Hospitals? Do most hospitals give green card sponsorship?
Thanks a lot!
- 16,117 Visits
- 0Aug 29, '06 by midcomMost of the Community Colleges have a 1-2 year waiting period. However, you can use that time to complete the general ed courses.
There are no waiting periods in the private colleges that I am aware of, however the cost of tuitionis very high. I am starting at a private college in October. My costs will be close to $16,000 for one year. Yech!
- 0Aug 31, '06 by S.N. VisitI don't think it is extremely hard at all to get into most of the Iowa nursing schools. I don't know anything about green card sponsorship. I go to IHCC and the only pre-req is the CNA course. http://www.ihcc.cc.ia.us/ihcc/Learn/health/nursing.asp
- 1Mar 11, '09 by marktheawesomeit's not hard to get in but VERY discouraging... took me 4 years of gen ed and waiting to get in. I spent 2 years on my gen ed classes and another 2 years waiting...
To give you a timeline, I graduated high school in 2004 and I'm in my first semester right now.