How hard is it to get into a nursing school?Register Today!
- by tchunyee Jun 15, '06Hello all,
1. I plan to apply for ADN program in Iowa. Does anyone know whether it is extremely hard to get into one of the community colleges?
2. Does anyone know that whether it is easy for an RN fresh graduate to find job in Iowa Hospitals? Do most hospitals give green card sponsorship?
Thanks a lot!
- Jun 18, '06 by stormy422I spent my first year completing pre requisites for the ADN program while I waited to be accepted.
- Aug 29, '06 by midcomMost of the Community Colleges have a 1-2 year waiting period. However, you can use that time to complete the general ed courses.
There are no waiting periods in the private colleges that I am aware of, however the cost of tuitionis very high. I am starting at a private college in October. My costs will be close to $16,000 for one year. Yech!
- Aug 31, '06 by S.N. VisitI don't think it is extremely hard at all to get into most of the Iowa nursing schools. I don't know anything about green card sponsorship. I go to IHCC and the only pre-req is the CNA course. http://www.ihcc.cc.ia.us/ihcc/Learn/health/nursing.asp
- Jan 24, '09 by bombayHi mogway. where did you go to school. Also are you going to be an rn or lvn and how long did it take?
- Mar 11, '09 by marktheawesomeit's not hard to get in but VERY discouraging... took me 4 years of gen ed and waiting to get in. I spent 2 years on my gen ed classes and another 2 years waiting...
To give you a timeline, I graduated high school in 2004 and I'm in my first semester right now.
- Apr 10, '09 by omotzuryHEy yall.....just wondering if anyone in this room goes to Ihcc........im startting this summer and im looking to c if i can meet anyone........Thanks....