Fort Wayne, IN what's the best hospital for cardiac problems and do they have
- 0Hi everyone. I have a friend that is having cardiac problems and she lives in Fort Wayne, IN. Between Lutheran and Dupont hospitals, which is has the better outcomes and has the better MD's/nurses? This friend has no insurance and is waiting for a referral to a cardiologist. Despite my best efforts, isn't willing to go yet to the hospital and has symptoms of an MI and CHF because of the costs. Do either of these hospitals offer financial assistance? Thanks in advance.
- 0Jul 3, '11 by NRSKarenRN AdminBoth hospitals are part of Lutheran Health network.... time is of the essence in treating MI and CHF..please ask your friend to go to the ER immediately for an eval.
One can call the hospital and ask for patient registration or business office ask for info re patients without insurance and charity care programs they have.
Patient registration open 24/7.
http://www.lutheranhealth.net/interior.php?t=4Last edit by NRSKarenRN on Jul 3, '11
- 0OK, let me rephrase the question. In the state of Oregon our hospital has a link which shows were the hospital ranks on core measures. For example http://www.peacehealth.org/apps/quality/QReport.asp
In Indiana where does one find that info? And how does a pt. find out information about financial assistance?
- 0Jul 3, '11 by NRSKarenRN Adminmedicare developed website to report + encourage consumers to compare quality of care provided by facilities in their area; can search by certain medical conditions.
medicare hospital compare quality of care
this is what is driving hospitals, nursing homes and homecare agencies to be fanatical about quality scores and patient surveys.
medicare.gov - nursing home compare
home health agencies - medicare.govLast edit by NRSKarenRN on Jul 3, '11
- 0Jul 25, '11 by RNRNRN1234She will want to go to a facility with a cath lab in the event of an emergency. Lutheran hospitals are FOR PROFIT facilities and Parkview is NOT FOR PROFIT. I recommend Parkview, because, since they are not for profit, they have better financial services. Lutheran billing is a nightmare and they will go to no limits to destroy your credit score in the event of inability to pay.