ASN program in Anderson? - page 2
by kgle 1,250 Views | 19 Comments
I am going to apply for the April 1st deadline for Lawrence, but also Anderson and Columbus. Does anyone attend the program at the latter campuses? Can you offer any information on the points you had and got in? Just curious. I... Read More
- 0Mar 9, '09 by kgleQuote from csabYep that's the one I am going to. If you are going to the 10am session then I shall be there too! We'll have to meet up and sit together. I am the loser that hates sitting by herself LOLAnderson's next info session date is March 19th (Thursday) at 10 am in Rm 311. I will be there!
- 0Mar 19, '09 by csabWell Kara and I went to the Anderson session. . . and found out that they don't even have the ASN program with a spring start! And that is not just Anderson, they don't have a spring ASN in Muncie, Marion, or New Castle either. I was planning on applying to both Indy and Anderson ASN and LPN for Spring 2010 start, but now I guess Anderson will be just a total backup LPN if I didn't get in to either Indy program. It annoys me that it isn't mentioned on the website that that region does not even have any spring ASN programs any more.
Also found out that you apply to the region and then if you get in, they assign you to the campus closest to your geographic location. It seems to me that that could still be iffy. . . for the ASN program which starts in fall (which I can't apply for anyway) they take 20 at Anderson, 30 at Muncie, and 10 at New Castle. What if they have more than 20 people who are geographically closest to Anderson?
- 0Mar 20, '09 by sunnysideup09Are you sure this is correct information about assigning you to a campus closest to your geographic location? This is not the case in Indy. If you apply to the Indy campus and live in Anderson, you go to the Indy campus. If you live in Greenwood and apply to Indy, you go to Indy.
- 0Mar 20, '09 by csabYes, it is true for Region 6, East Central, which includes Anderson, Muncie, Marion, and New Castle. If you are applying to Region 6 you submit your application to Muncie no matter where you 'want' to go, and they decide later which campus you would be at supposedly according to closest geographic location.
- 0Mar 20, '09 by kgleQuote from newRN09Are you sure this is correct information about assigning you to a campus closest to your geographic location? This is not the case in Indy. If you apply to the Indy campus and live in Anderson, you go to the Indy campus. If you live in Greenwood and apply to Indy, you go to Indy.
Well yeah because this region only has one campus that offers the program. Region 6 has 3 campuses that offer the program.