April Nursing Information Session- Ivy TechRegister Today!
- by kgle Apr 10, '08Is anyone here attending this session? I have a while to go obviously, but I wanted to get it out of the way while I can. I am always pretty nervous about being in a big group by myself and not knowing anyone! Just curious if anyone else is going to it.
- Apr 11, '08 by indymomRNThe one that I went to last year was pretty informal. Everyone just kinda sat around in the auditorium and listened to the presentation from the Nursing dept and Career Resources person. There wasn't really time to even look around the room to see who all was there. LOL
Don't be nervous. It's pretty laid back.
- Apr 11, '08 by Innurse78Been there last week.
Very informal, lots of paper work to fill out.
We measured for and ordered our uniforms.
You get your PE form ( if you did not get it in the package that came with your acceptance letter)
Some schools need you to have a criminal background check done, some need a drug screen( ours did not at this time)
Look up your immunization records! You need 2 MMR's, polio, tetanus, Hep B series and a two step TB test.
You should get a schedule( we got both summer and fall schedule), a book list.
We also had alternative students on the waiting list at our meeting and two of them got bumped up to accepted status! ( we only had 20 transitional students accepted total.
Hope this helps.
- So then you can't go until you get accepted?
The advisor I spoke with the first time registering said I needed to go to the one in April.
- Apr 12, '08 by indymomRNYou have to go to an information session before you can apply. I think what Brenda was referring to is Orientation after acceptance. The info session is simple....takes maybe an hour, hour and a half. It tells you what you need to do before application, etc.
- Apr 12, '08 by 2bNurse ElizabethThe info session is absolutely on big deal. Just a good but of info, but nothing you don't probably already know. Best wishes on beginning your journey!
- Quote from indymom4Oh, okay! That's what I thought. Thanks!You have to go to an information session before you can apply. I think what Brenda was referring to is Orientation after acceptance. The info session is simple....takes maybe an hour, hour and a half. It tells you what you need to do before application, etc.
- Apr 12, '08 by Innurse78Sorry! I had a blonde moment there!
Yes, you need to attend an info session before you apply. Its mandatory.
- Another question (sorry- I am full of them!).
Am I right in saying you can apply in August and January? And say you apply in August, does the program start in January? I am trying to figure out course schedules and such and I'm getting so confused.
- Apr 13, '08 by indymomRNFor Fall entry, the application deadline has already passed. It was April 1. They also take a new class in Spring as well. The program starts in August for Fall and January for Spring. I'm not sure on the application deadline for Spring entry, but I think it's September 1. This is for ASN.
LPN deadline for Fall entry is June 15. For Spring entry, it is October 15.
I hope that makes sense.....I just woke up and I have 6 kids under the age of 10 running around here today. 5 boys and a girl. 10,9,6,3,3,and 3 months. Yikes!! Yay for Coffee!!!!!!!