Advice needed.Register Today!
- by anc12345 Mar 24, '10Hello everyone!
I've been going to Ivy Tech since Jan 2005. I've had things happen here and there over the years and its made going to school hard. I want to be a nurse, I love helping people. I received my CNA certification 2.5 years ago from IVy Tech, I love helping people and making them feel better any way I can. I've considered looking into Brown Mackie or ITT Tech because, with all the pre-reqs and having to retake classes more than once is discouraging.
I need some advice from fellow students and CNAs as to what I should do. I feel lost without guidence. I guess I should go see a counselor but I feel like I'll never make it to my goal. I have taken all pre-reqs for LPN and need to retake them. ANP101-102 is a must bc Cs won't cut it and Eng 111 and Psych 101 I got Bs. Which I feel won't make the cut either. I can't be a CNA forever. Don't get me wrong, its a rewarding job but I wouldn't be able to do it physically at an older age.
Eventually I want to become an RN and do either traveling nursing or work in a plastic surgeons office. Please give me some of your advice. I need a person on the outsides opinion. Thanks so much fo reading Have a great day -Amber
- Mar 24, '10 by WhisperaI'm confused....wouldn't you have to retake the classes if you go to Brown Mackie or ITT Tech? Are you saying they might not require grades as high as IvyTech requires?
Yes you should go see a counselor! You don't have to do what they say, but they can give you information that might help you with your decision.
Nursing is physically challenging too, by the way.
- Mar 24, '10 by anc12345I'm sorry for the confusion. I'm not saying Nursing isn't physical. I just know where I work, its very physical for the aides as compared to what the nurses do. Some help, some don't. I can only speak from my expierences and how it goes at the facility I work at..
I will need to see a counselor.I was also looking for opinions on Brown Mackie and ITT Tech guess I should have made that more clear.
- Mar 24, '10 by WhisperaI believe both Brown Mackie and ITT Tech cost alot more than Ivy Tech costs, unless you get financial aid of course. Where I live, we have all three schools and Ivy Tech has a better reputation. You might want to see which ones are accredited. That matters.
- Mar 25, '10 by mommymegI can say that I have been in your shoes. I've been taking pre and co req's for the LPN-ASN program for going on three very long years. I finally took my teas last minute and applied this year. I was very suprised to get that acceptance letter...but all the stress, I believe has prepared me for what's to come. Nursing school will not be any easier. You never know until you try. Re-taking classes at Ivy is cheaper and smarter than risking going to an expensive and unaccredited/ unrespected school, IMO. Talk to a counselor...get the co-req's out of the way(most of them transfer anyway) and re-take the pre req class that you have a C in and shoot for an A. Apply with two A's and two B's...you def will have a shot. Study for the teas on semester breaks...pick one day a week where you do that for a couple of hours. If you want something bad enough and it's meant to be, it will happen. Good Luck!