What are good nursing schools/programs in IllinoisRegister Today!
This is a discussion on What are good nursing schools/programs in Illinois in Illinois State Nursing Programs, part of Illinois Nursing ... Im interested in just pursuing my degree in nursing and was wondering where are some of the best...by sara29 Dec 4, '06Im interested in just pursuing my degree in nursing and was wondering where are some of the best nursing programs here in Illinois? Just for the record Im close to Waubonsee Community college but want to hear some ideas.
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=193369©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 7,266 Views
- Dec 11, '06 by crazylilkellyQuote from sara29university of illinois chicago nursing school is HIGHLY ranked. They have the main site in chicago but they also have regional sites in champaign-urbana, springfield & a few other places (you can call them & find the one closest to you). I go to the one at UofI in champaign-urbana. I LOVE IT!!!!!!! If I were you I would try to apply to UIC in CU. The staff here is amazing!!! The teachers care soooooo much about us. if you have any problem w/ school or personally they're there for you. The passion of nursing is alive at this school. And us students are all very close. We're always helping each other out. Let me know if you want more info. if not call UIC college of nursing in chicago & they can give you the lowdown. Also, it's a BSN program, if that's something that would interest you. GOOD LUCK! peace, love & nursingIm interested in just pursuing my degree in nursing and was wondering where are some of the best nursing programs here in Illinois? Just for the record Im close to Waubonsee Community college but want to hear some ideas.
- Dec 11, '06 by RNSachtGraduated from Moraine valley community college in palos heights, very, very good reputation, the same instructors teach and university of chicago, and university of chicago has a program where if you work part time at the hospital they will pay for school or something like that. Worth looking into.....
- Dec 30, '06 by nevaeh79Truman College In Chicago Is Known For Nursing Program.
- Dec 30, '06 by nevaeh79Truman College In Chicago Illinois Is Known For Their Nursing Program. Good Luck!!!
- Jan 1, '07 by nrstob08Northern Illinois University nursing program is highly regarded. They had a 100% NCLEX pass rate last reporting period
- Jan 2, '07 by Lovely RNUIC at Chicago excellent program and awesome teachers that really care about you. I completed the RN-BSN program. I loved it. The tuition is affordable as well. Check out the website University of Illinois at Chicago (UIC). Good Luck.
- Jan 16, '07 by *Andrea*Yeah, I am currently finishing up at Northern Illinois University here in Dekalb and I love it. Last Spring, the graduating class had a 100% pass rate on the NCLEX, and we are one of the few nursing schools who has a 5 semester program, with the last semester (that I am currently in) completely dedicated to an NCLEX/HESI prep class and two clinicals. I love it here. It's small and intimate and the teachers really, really go out of their way to help the students. It's regarded as one of the better ones in the state for sure, and I would recommend it to anyone.
- Feb 4, '07 by amandapandaI go to Lewis University in Romeoville. They have had a 100% pass rate for the NCLEX for the past 3 or so years. Very good program. My sister graduated from St. Xavier with her BSN.
- Feb 7, '07 by destined2bCRNACrazylilkelly- I talked to you before on here! I haven't visited this part of the forum in a while, but I posted in the prenursing and nursing student forum a few days ago looking for UIC nursing students and their opinion of the program. I start Fall '07 and I'm already pulling my hair out! I'm both excited and nervous. Tell me more! Ease my anxiety!