For those awaiting acceptance letters from Northern Illinois University - Page 18Register Today!
- Yes, I believe you take the HESI. But, I know one of the classes in the last semester is an NCLEX prep class, where I believe you would take the HESI. Their website doesn't provide a lot of information. But, I think I've read every single post about NIU on here lol and that is what I've read.
- Apr 13, '12 by Sallytt6Just an update guys! So I just spoke to Julie a nursing adviser at Niu.. She said letters will be going out at the end of next week for transfer students... There is always a waiting list after admission.. Hopefully we will all get in without a waiting list. She also said anyone on the wating list should call to check their numbers of the list because the follow the list according to the numbers... Like we all know she also said admission is base primarily on the prerequisite GPA.. which the traditional average is 3.6 to 3.8... I know we've heard all this before I just want to share it again.. Goodluck to every one..
- Thanks for the update, Sally! So, they accept the 140 or whatever it is additional students who are put on a waiting list?
- So, the GPA accepted is 3.6 to 3.8?
- I talked to Delores in the nursing office and if you get a pink form with your letter, you have been admitted. She said if you did not complete all of your pre-req's then you will most likely start in spring 2013. There are three different letters you can receive:
Good luck everyone
- NIU takes 100 transfers, if some of those transfers do not go to NIU, then they begin to take people off the waitlist to fill those spots. Not sure how many will be put on the waitlist.
- This all just makes m too nervous! I did not even know they waitlisted!
- God I hope 3.88 is good enough
- Apr 13, '12 by willow7Thanks for the updates. I'm getting so nervous now... I don't feel like I can wait another whole week.
- Karebear I am sure you will get in, you have a high enough gpa